Adhkhule Pankh

Nilu fainting in his fear was the last thing Byom had expected. He had been teasing the girl. What harm did she imagine he planned for her and her Bhutoo? Stupid fool...

When Mrinu and Pupli came, both of them gave him the look. He shrugged quietly, but then...

Mrinu: oh, kya hua meri Nilu ko?

Byom: kuchh nahi Mimi, main ayaa toh yaha baith ke ro rahi thi. Aur maine puchha toh faint ho gayi... aap chaho toh uske Bhutoo se puchh lo...

Pupli: Maa Dadamuni jhoot bolrahe hai...maine khud apne kano se suna subah yeh bol rahe the ke Meri Mimi aur laad lene sab aajate hai. Aur bola ke dono ko ghar se nikalna padega... Nilu ne sab sun liya. Yeh dekho uska bag bhi yahi pada hua hai... Sab Dadamuni ki hi galati hai.

Mrinu: kisiko bula toh Nilu ko mere kamre mein leke jayenge...

Byom: Mimi main uthata ...

Mrinu: koi zarurat nahi... anath bechari bachvhi ko dara ke murchit kar diya... bah kitne bade doctor bangaye hai mere Rajkumar. Chhi koi sunega toh kya sochega, Mrinu ne kya shiksha diya hai apne ladle bete ko...

Byom: Achha daant lena aap badme abhi isko upar tak kon uthake le jaa payega...

Mrinu: Pupli, Tupak ko bula lao....

Well that hurt... Byom thought. Why Tupak? Of course because the silly twit was not afraid of Tupak.

With Tupak, she laughed and then she helped him choose his cufflinks, she brought him matching shoes and watch. With Baba she discussed his several unique rituals of his RaajBadi.

It was only him with whom she went silent, hid in the shadows or even ran around packing her belongings just because he said something in hit of the moment irritable condition.

But after all the rants in his mind he still felt worried and a bit guilty too. Why would she faint?

He looked at her Bhutoo and offered the tiny person some biscuits... 

Byom: Toh Bhutoo Babu, aap hi batao meri itni bhi kya galati th? Shuruwat toh aapne ki din ki....

But Bhutoo looked at him for sometime and then yelped at him as if he too was scolding him and then ran away.

At a guest room upstairs...

Biren: Mrinu this can not be good. She is too weak and has been unconscious for so long. We should run a few more tests... this is the third time that she has fainted like this...

Mrinu was worried but she has not discussed this with anyone. Nilu has fainted before while she told stories and .... it seemed as if they were just not stories but... but what?

By evening Nilu had high fever and she spoke in her unconscious state... sometimes calling Ahmer.. sometimes crying for Dassyu Raja, and sometimes for other names... they were all protagonists of her stories. Mrinu noticed, all these people had left their partners for some reasons. Mrinu, was worried what was going one in her Nilu's mind. ...