Maan Hara Mann

Nilu heard what Byom said and she felt her heart sinking… she just thought of Maa. Maa was the main lure of her staying at Jalsaghar… Raja Baba (Biren), was amazing too. She loved to watch how Tupak Dada, Pupli, Maa and Raja Baba interacted with each other. A family… this is how a family felt like. Nilu knew she was not their family and yet she didn't want to get lost in the crowd again. While oiling Maa's hair, helping Pupli with her choice of dressing and playing Carrom with Raja Baba and Tupak Da... she has started to fake it... pretend that it was her family. And somehow somewhere she had been successful. Although it wasnt something she did deliberately or with any thought of entitlement. It was like the bioscope world, where for those few minutes you forgot your own reality.

But now she feared that Dassyu Raja will throw her and Bhutoo out today. She packed her meager belongings in her bag. Went to take Maa's permission to leave… but then she sat near the kitchen wall and cried quietly. 

Byom found her there, sobbing her heart out and her Bhutoo sitting by her. Her bag lay nearby. He smiled and crouched in front of her...then asked…

Byom: Yaha kya ho raha hai?

Nilu: (surprised looked up at him) K..kuchh nai.

Byom: Maine kisike rone ki awaaz suni…. kon ro raha tha?

Nilu: K..koi nahi…(while she still had tears spilling from her scared eyes) 

Byom looked in those eyes and his smile vanished. He gritted his teeth and found that he didn't like her being this scared or helpless. 

He wiped her face with fingers and Nilu flinched at his touch… 

Byom: Chalo utho jaldi se… muh dhoke mere saath chalo…

Nilu washed her face in the kitchen and then wiped her face in her saree… when she turned  Byom was looking at Bhutoo very strangely. Nilu rushed to save Bhutoo from him but then she tripped and Byom caught her…

Byom: kya kar rahi thi tum? Dekh ke nahi chal sakti?... 

Byom was about to scold her more when he saw her eyes going big and then she fainted… in his arms...

❤💜❤💜❤💜❤💜❤💜❤💜❤💜