07

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
07 Published 01.29.2020

•••

James|Roseanne

•••••

JAMES

"Aunty, we have to go." I yell from downstairs in hope that she hears me.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Do me a favor and start the car." I hear her yell back.

"Okay!" With that, I grab the keys to her SUV and exit the house.

I open the driver's seat and turn on the car before walking to the passenger's seat. Once inside I put on my seatbelt. That is when my aunt exits the door from the house.

She's practically speed walking and reaches the car in no time.

"Thank you. Sorry for the wait, I got distracted with my writing." She explains.

"You ready?" She asks once she locks her seatbelt.

"Yep." I reply.

"Alright, let's go pick up those rascals." She says and I laugh.

While she drives, I check my phone for any new messages.

I reply back and slip the phone inside my jacket.

"Has either one of the three texted you?" She asks turning on the blinker to make a left turn.

"No, not yet." I reply back.

I stare out the window and watch as the buildings pass.

It's a beautiful place, Toronto, that is. And at night it looks even better when the lights are on.

"What are you writing now?" I ask looking away from the window.

Evelyn smiles. "Another book, but I still have a long way to go until I'm done with the rough draft."

"I'm sure you'll finish it soon." I reply back.

"We're here." She says and I glance around.

Indeed we are.

After she parks the car, we walk towards the entrance. We immediately walk through the familiar place.

My phone buzzes inside my pocket and I pull it out.

New message from Alec.

05:12 p.m.

We're here, mate.

05:13 p.m.

We're coming.

"They're here, aunty." I tell her.

"Alright, come on. Let's go find those boys." She says and I follow after her.

We quickly walk through the airport and I see a group of three boys looking around.