22

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
22 Published 03.16.2020

•••

JAMES

Entering the house, I shut the door behind me and walk upstairs to my room.

The lads left to get some food as soon as the bell rang. I was invited, but I declined their offer to accompany them because I was exhausted.

Opening the door to my room, I see Theo playing with a toy of his.

When he sees me, he drops the toy and runs to me.

"Hey, buddy. How are you?"

Theo barks in response as I start scratching his belly. "That's good, mate. Unlike you, I'm feeling very knackered today."

Once I finish petting him, I stand up from the floor and pick up my school bag to move it next to my study desk. Placing my phone on top of the desk I head to the bathroom for a shower.

As soon as I step inside, I turn on the warm water and strip off of my clothes. Walking inside the shower I let the water travel down my body as my muscles relax.

Today was such a hectic day.

I place both palms against the wall as I lower my head in exhaustion.

Perhaps I just need a nap.

With a long sigh, I began to shower until I'm done.

When I'm done showering, I step outside and wrap a towel around my hips.

Steam fills the whole bathroom and I walk to the mirror. I wipe it with my hand as the steam caused it to get foggy. In the reflection I see droplets falling from my damp hair.

The dampness causing it to look darker than its natural color.

Drops of water roll down my chest and I grab another towel to dry my hair. Leaving the bathroom, I walk to my closet and pick a random long-sleeve shirt and a pair of black trackies.

I let the towel fall as I change into my briefs.

Once I'm done changing I put my other clothes inside the basket.

Letting out a yawn, I place a palm over my mouth.

I'm about to walk to the bed when my phone rings. Picking it from my desk, I check to see an incoming face time call from her.

"Hi, baby." I say as soon as her face appears on my screen. I climb into the bed and seat on it.

"James!" She squeals as she jumps on her bed and I catch a glimpse of her Frozen pajama set.

It's 03:41 p.m. So it should be 07:41 in London right now.

"Hello, darling. It's almost time for your bedtime, what are you doing up right now?"

"I miss you. So, I asked mum if I could call you and she said yes." She says sadly, her tiny face morphed into a sad frown.

"Awee, darling. Don't be sad. You know I'm living with Aunt Evelyn and the lads right now. But if you really miss me a lot, I can fly back to London to visit you during the break."