24

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
24 Published 03.18.2020

•••

ROSEANNE

"Now tell me, why were you ignoring me? Me! The love of your life, the one who will love you unconditionally. The one who- nope, I ran out of words." Sitting cross legged on the couch, I reach for the T.V. remote control.

I hear the boy sigh and I frown.

Is he mad at me? 

That would explain why he read my messages, but never responded. 

"Princess, I won't lie to you and say I didn't mean to ignore you because I did. But I am sorry, I shouldn't have ignored you and I hope you forgive me for that.

"You don't have to apologise," I mumble. "I understand that you didn't want to talk to me, you don't have to so there is no need to apologise for that-"

"Nooo, don't say that." He groans.

Say what?

"Huh?" I ask as I click Netlfix and resume watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

"What I'm trying to say is, don't say that. I like talking to you. Even if you say some weird things and constantly attack me with pick up lines, I enjoy it." He explains.

He enjoys my pickup lines?

Did he get hit on the head or something?

"Oh, but I'm serious, don't ever feel like you have to talk to me. After all, I'm just a stranger that keeps texting you.

"No, baby.  You're not. You're more than that. And even if you are, you're my stranger. And don't you ever forget that."

My breath hitches as he says 'my stranger', but I decide to play it cool.

"Awwe, you care about me!" 

Stranger laughs. "Eh, just tiny bit. It's hard not to when you have a girl who constantly expresses her love for you."

"I should mark this day on my calendar as the day you finally confessed you care about me." I tell him with a smile as I watch Ross argue with Rachel over their baby.

'They just need to hire a babysitter.' I think to myself.

"Of course you are." He mutters.

"But stranger, how are you? Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm alright, baby. But I'll be better. I just haven't been feeling well in the last two days." He explains and I lower the volume of the T.V. 

"Have you taken medicine?" 

"No, not yet." The boy answers.

At this, I do a double-take.

"What? You doofus, you should have taken medicine since yesterday!" I exclaim hoping to knock some sense into him.

The stranger chuckles. "I thought we were having a moment, babe. And then you suddenly call me out."

Ignoring his previous statement, I say. "Hurry up and take some medicine!"