21

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
21 Published 03.15.2020

•••

JAMES

Panting loudly I jog back to my the bleachers. I take a big gulp of water and throw a small towel around my neck before picking up my phone from the bleachers.

"Goodmorning, sweetheart. To what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?" I ask as soon as I answer the phone call.

"Uh, my love? My existence? My whole being?" She trails off.

Shaking my head, I say, "Nevermind."

"Tell me your name." She cries out. "I am literally this close to ripping my hair out."

"Please, don't rip your hair out."

"I will if you don't tell me your name?"

"Tell me, please. Pretty please." My phone vibrates as she finishes her sentence.

Moving the phone away from my ear, I check to see two new messages from her.

Two New Message from Princess

01:27 p.m.

Pretty please.

I scoff when I see the image she sent me

"Seriously? Did you really just sent me an image of Puss in Boots?" I bring the phone back to my ear after I'm done looking at the image.

"Yes! I have to emphasize how much I want to know. Plus, Puss in boots looks so cute like that. Soooo, will you tell me your name?"

I could easily tell her my name, but where is the fun in that?

"No." I say flatly.

"Why not?" She whines.

"Because-" I'm cut off before I even finish my sentence.

"Hey, wait, why are you panting so hard since you answered the phone?" She suddenly asks.

"Omg! Did you, you know, do it?" The girls gasps.

I open my mouth to speak but I close it shut when she screams.

"AAAAAAAAAAH. Don't tell me! I repeat, Do NOT tell me. I don't want to know. Please spare my ears from the art of procreating." As she shrieks, I move a fist up to my mouth to stop myself from laughing.