20

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
20 Published 03.14.2020

•••

JAMES

After Nathan opened the door for me, he greeted me. 

"I brought snacks." I say holding up the bag that contained different bags of potato chips. I don't recognize a lot of them, but I was just throwing things inside the trolley.

Nathan points a finger at me and nods. "You're good, thank you." 

He excuses himself shortly after that and I walk to the dining table where another set of bags were resting.

As I'm taking the contents out of the bag, I hear something.

"Nate, is she okay?" I recognize the owner of the voice as Bryson.

Someone who I believe to be Nathan, sighs. "Honestly, man, I don't know." 

"When I saw her she looked skinny, but she's always been a small girl. Except that today she looked different. And when I hugged her, she felt different. She felt smaller, and not in a good way. I'm concern, that's why I'm asking you, because the Roseanne I know has always been skinny, but not like that. Is she okay? Is she sick?" Bryson continues.

"I agree with Bryson. She looks different today. And I don't know if it was because of the lighting, but she also looked really pale." Ethan comments.

"Um, my sister, she hasn't been doing well, the bullying has gotten worse in her new school. And there is not much I can do if I'm separated from her. And you are right, she has gotten skinnier, it started a few months ago. At first, I only noticed how she looked sad most of the time, then I started noticing how she doesn't even go out as much. Most of the time she's in her room, and she hasn't been eating much, so I have to make sure she eats something sometimes. My sister won't tell me much, but I've figured out a few things. There are days she's okay and she eats like she normally does, but other days, she seems said and just tries to avoid food. All I know is that I can't allow her to do that to herself."

They were talking about Nathan's younger sister.

Is she here?

"Damn, I was hoping her current weight was healthy and just lost it at the gym," Bryson mutters. 

"Is there anything we can do?" Ethan asks.

"I'm not sure, I'm trying to help her before it gets too serious."

"We could try coming more and slowly gain her friendship. And maybe we could invite her when we go out." Ethan says.

"Yeah!" Bryson agrees. "Nate, just know we're here for you and her. You can talk to us, and we can try to help in some way."

"Thank you." Nathan sighs again. 

"Don't worry, we will help you as well." I stop listening after that and walk from their conversation. I didn't want to intrude anymore, it seemed like a serious conversation.

Walking towards my mates, they look up to me.

"Oi mate, come here. This doofus here is watching kitten videos." Vincent nods to Alec who was smiling brightly at his phone.

He looks up and squints at Vincent and Nico. "You two are watching with me!" He exclaims. 

Nico dismisses him by fanning his hand around and saying, "yeah, yeah, yeah."