53

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
50 Published 04.23.2020

•••

JAMES

Stepping foot inside the school's campus parking lot, I close the car door behind me.

The grand building only a few yards before us.

"It's Monday again." I hear Nico groan behind me.

"Don't stress too much. At least training is over and it's sports season so you can burn off all of your stress." 

"I'm sure you're doing well, you're definitely not thinking about Rose." He places a hand on his heart and I glare at him.

"You're an asshole." I elbow him, passing him as I walk ahead.

"Thanks! I love being your asshole."

As soon as he says that, I burst out laughing.

"What the hell, mate?" I turn to him, my shoulders still shaking as my laughter dies down. 

Nico simply winks at me and walks away.

Jogging to his side, I throw an arm over his shoulder and grin.

"Then you'll be my favorite asshole."  

•••

Stepping out of the classroom, I turn to my left and continue walking to the direction of my locker. 

I had books that I did not want to carry to the canteen.

But I was preoccupied with something else.

The first half of the day was over and I had not seen Nathan at all. Our conversation had yet to happen. 

I doubt he was ignoring me, he sounded serious on the phone, meaning that this was an important conversation for him. 

Just as I near the lockers, I catch sight of two girls talking. But it just happened that one of them was leaning on my locker.

"Sorry, Lauren, but could you excuse me?" I smile sheepishly as I raise my books to the air.

Lauren's gaze drops to my book and she looks over her shoulder as realization dawns to her. 

"Oh, forgive me, James. I didn't know it was yours." She moves away from my locker and I raise a hand.

"It's fine, don't worry," I assure her. 

As she turns back to her friend, I open my locker and place my books inside. 

Bringing the door shut, I turn to Laura again.

"Thanks, I'll see you in class," I grin at her and she nods. 

"Bye James!" The other girl speaks up.

"Bye, darling." I wave at her before walking away.

While walking towards the canteen, the ringing of my phone makes me stop on my tracks.