58

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
58 Published 04.30.2020

•••

JAMES

"I'm ready." Her voice rings through my ears like a mellow whisper.

She's...ready.

But why now?

What changed?

My adam apple bobs up and down as I find it in myself to speak.

"Are you sure, princess?" My voice echoes in the silence of my room.

"I'm sure." She says, but my mind remains unable to believe her words.

"There are no take-backs after this, so tell me, are you really sure?" My eyes fall on the canvas standing hear the window.

The moonshine falling on the painting, illuminating every little detail I added.

"Stranger, I want to see you."

That's all she has to say to make my heart quicken.

"So do I princess, so do I." A smile spreads on my lips.

I want to see you again.

To hold you in my arms.

To feel your body close to mine, just like the last time.

My eyes close at the previous memory.

We were so close, but she never knew.

Turning to my side, the duvet falls over my torso and I caress the sleeping puppy next to me. "When do you want to meet?

"Friday." She mutters and my brows crease at her answer. "Let's meet after school."

"That's tomorrow. Are you sure?" I question.

Everything was so sudden.

I feared that she was feeling pressured by me.

But all doubts fade away into the void as she utters with utmost confidence.

"I'm sure."

"Alright, baby. Where do you want to meet?"

"I- I don't know." She answers, her voice quiet. But the moment she says that; one place comes to mind.

"Elven park," I say softly.

"Where it all started." We whisper at the same time. Our voices joining together in harmony as our hearts beat for one another.

It was perfect.

"I get my cast off at 3:00 and I know you have practice. So let's meet somewhere around four." She tells me and I hum at her words.

Both of us stay quiet, and for a second I think she had fallen asleep, but I'm proved wrong as I hear the soft sound of her voice in my ear.