72

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
72 Published 07.09.2020

•••

JAMES

Swinging our locked hands, I focus on Theo as he walks ahead of us. Everything about right now felt so nice.

So perfect.

But how long would it last?

It was only a matter of time before she knew the truth.

Not wanting to think about those kind of thoughts, I turn to look at the girl beside me.

But once my eyes land on her, I find myself unable to look away.

Nor did I want to.

She's beautiful.

Even with her loose hair framing her face, I manage to catch every detail on her side.

As my eyes lower down to her lips my heart instantly begins to race faster at the sight. There is a smile dancing on those pink lips of hers as she stares at Theo. But I can't help but wish to be the reason behind her smiles.

I want her to smile for me. To smile because of me.

Her lips start to move and I stare at them in a daze.

"James! Watch out." I'm suddenly pulled closer to Rose and I snap out of it.

Looking away from her, I turn to see two women running past me.

"You almost bumped into them." Rose stops walking, making me stop along. But her grip on my hand never fades.

However, I don't pay attention to her words.

I'm too busy staring at our proximity.

"James, are you even listening to me?" She looks up at me with those pretty brow orbs.

"No," I tell her the truth and she begins to stare accusingly. But even then, I find myself loving the way she's looking at me.

God, I'm going crazy.

"I'm too busy looking at you to pay attention to anything else." I breathe out. "And this closeness between us isn't helping me."

Finally realizing what I'm talking about, Rose looks down at our distance and immediately lets go of my hand. With a frown of disapproval, I stare at my now empty hand.

"No, don't let go." I groan, bringing her hand back into mine.

"James!" She exclaims.  "What are you doing?"

"Holding your hand." I shrug and raise both of our hand in the air so that she can see.

Taking a deep breath, she shakes her head. "Never mind, let's go."

With a smirk on my face, we continue walking for a while.

The sun is bright as it hits us and I worry about Rose because of her hoodie.