78

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
78 Published 08.11.2020

•••

JAMES

Twirling the pen in between my fingers, I stare at the economics worksheet in front of me. The letters printed on the paper becoming blurry by the second as my mind drifts back to the conversation I had with Nathan.

The conversation I had with him had managed to subside my worry by a minimum, but it wasn't enough. I feel relieved to know that Rose is feeling better, but the need to see her with my own eyes still remained.

I need to see her myself. To look with my own eyes that she is okay. Because one look into those pretty brown pools of hers would reveal the truth.

One look is all it takes.

Just one.

Diverting my eyes from the worksheet, I turn my head and look out the window. The green grass of the school grounds filled with students on their break.

I know that Rose at home with her mom by her side, but my selfishness can't help but wish to be right by her side.

Shaking my head at my thoughts, I let out a gloomy sigh.

I'm probably the last person she wants to see right now.

But even after knowing I hurt her, I want to be with her. The longer I went without seeing her, the most I missed her. And despite everything, I want to believe that she still cares for me, that she still misses me. That what we have isn't over.

It didn't help me that she was ignoring me. Earlier when I checked the messages I sent her early in the morning, I saw that she read them.

The moment I saw that, I was happy, but the happiness died down when I realised that she never replied.

There was no doubt that she was indeed ignoring me.

And I didn't like it.

Not only because I miss her, but because I won't be able to know if she is truly okay. It seems we had gone back to the beginning. Where her identity was unknown, and I had no way of reaching out to her when she ignored me. Except, I know who she is now.

Despite everything, I understood her. I hurt her. Deeply. And she needed time.

So, for now, I can only rely on Nathan to tell me about Rose. But even he would only tell me so much. I know that he wouldn't tell me everything unless it was necessary. He worries for Rose and I to the point where he is willing to hide something from us unless deemed necessary.

A small smile makes its way to my lips at the thought of Nathan. Just like Rose, he is so nice. They care so much about others and I'm glad I decided to study in Canada, otherwise I would never have met them.

Specially, Rose.

My stranger.

Letting the pen fall from my hands, I watch the way it lands on the desk before me, making a small thud in the process. Throwing my head to the back, I rub my forehead in a frustrated manner. The inner turmoil in my head causing me a headache.

Bringing my head forward, I only draw my lips into a thin line.

Princess, please don't hate me for too long.

•••

Slamming the locker door shut, I lean down and pick up the red duffel bag from the floor. Holding it in my hand, I walk through the boy's locker room. Passing by the showers, I see the steam that floats above the shower stalls.