27

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
27 Published 03.21.2020

•••

James|Roseanne

•••••

JAMES

"What? No! That's crazy." Vincent exclaims as Nico tells us about his date from yesterday.

Or as he calls it, an "outgoing".

"The girl tried to kiss you on the first date?!" Alec yells.

Nico nods his head causing Alec to whistle under his breath.

"So you two didn't kiss?" I ask.

"No, mate. The girl is pretty and nice, but we just didn't click. So there would be no point in kissing her." Nico continues.

"Mate, pass me a slice of pizza, please." Alec nods at Vincent.

The lads and I, including Theo, were all spread out in the living room, a few boxes of pizza scattered among the table as Nico told us about his date.

"What about you, Adri? We have seen the girls asking you for your phone number, any lucky girl, yet?" Nico turns to me.

Alec turns to us."Our boy here is always rejecting the girls so kindly that somehow they become more attracted to him."

"It must be that Italian charm," Vincent nods at Alec.

"If anything, the only girl that has managed to have his number is stranger girl. Tell us about her, have you two confessed your feelings for each other?" Nco wiggles his eyebrows at me and I roll my eyes.

"There is nothing going on between us. If anything, we are just friends." I tell them.

Nico snorts. "Right, just friends."

"Yeah! I'm just friends with my girlfriend." Vince laughs loudly causing the rest of us to join him.

These hooligans.

My phone vibrates against the center table and I reach for it as the others change the conversation topic to school.

New Message from Princess

Ah, so she's finally texting me.

Unlocking my phone, I expect to see another pick-up line, but instead, I see something else.

05:37 p.m.

Stranger?

Are you my friend?

I feel a weird feeling surge within me as I read the second message.

Frowning, I type in a reply.

05:39 p.m.

It seems so.

Where is this coming from?

I wait for a reply, but it never comes. Instead, she leaves me on read.

And somehow, that doesn't sit well with me.