76

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
76 Published 07.22.2020

•••

I recommend listening to Dead In The Water by Ellie Goulding.

•••••

THIRD POV

As the two cars quickly park, Nathan wastes no time in getting out of the car. Nico quickly following behind.

He keeps walking, until he stops dead on his tracks. There, to his side, is James. His face buried in his hands, while his shoulder shake.

Nico stops beside him, watching as his best friend cries quietly.

What caused this?

He questions to himself.

Behind them, Alec is the third one to get out of the car, face preoccupied as he stares at his friends. But unlike Nathan and Nico, he decides to stay close to the car.

He wants so badly to go see his best friend, but he feels it's better to wait.

Nathan takes cautious steps towards James, before he stops right in front of him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, James freezes.

"Adri," Nico whispers behind Nathan.

At the voice of his best friend, James looks up, his tear stained appearing in front of the two boys.

Through hazy eyes, James manages to make up the two boys standing in front of him and he lets out a shaky breath as he comes in contact with Nathan's eyes.

"She left me." James whispers, his voice dry from the amount of crying.

"Who?" Nico asks in concern, inching closer to James.

Swallowing his tears, James looks away from them. "Rose."

Nico stares in confusion whilst Nathan curses.

"Dammit." He fists his hands to his side.

"Okay." Nathan exhales through his mouth. "Nico take James home and please take care of him. I know you're confused right now, but I will explain later, or he will, when he feels better. But for now, please all three of you take of him. He needs you. I have to go home and see my sister, so I can't tend to James, so I beg you to please take care of him."

Fear flashes through Nico's eyes as he hears Nate speak. Glancing to his mate, Nico faces Nathan.

After examining Nathan's face for a few seconds, he nods.

"I will."

Nathan lets out a breath of relief and turns to the boy sitting on the bench. His eyes were bloodshot, color seemed to have drained from his face and he was concerned for him.

Nathan felt guilty.

Perhaps he should have been there with James and Rose, maybe things would have been different. But it was too late, now.

"James, I will try to talk to her. But for now, take care of yourself." Kneeling down to face James, Nathan stares into the eyes of the crying boy.

"I promise you; this is not over." Squeezing his shoulder in a comforting way, Nathan stands up and turns to Nico.

"Take his car and drive him home." He nods to James' car that was parked a few spaces from their cars.

With that, he leaves both of the boys behind him and walks towards his car.