42

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
42 Published 04.08.2020

•••

ROSEANNE

"Never" I grin and then I suddenly think back to my earlier question.

"You never answered my question, tsk tsk." I shake my head.

"Which one?" He asks.

What a forgetful mind he has.

"The one where I asked you to be the father of my kids." 

James lets out a breath and I wait for him to speak.

"Wouldn't they be our kids if I'm yours?"

My eyes dart to my shoes, in thought.

He had a point.

"Technically, yes, but just answer the question, Stranger." 

"Well, princess, first you will win my love and then I will become the father of your kids. Our kids. But of course, in order for that to happen, we have to consummate our love."

I immediately cover my eyes at his last words. "OH MY GOD," I manage to say through my embarrassment.

"What? Is my princess getting flustered over thinking such thought?" He says in a taunting way.

"Me? Pfft." I clear my throat. "I'm not thinking about such thoughts." I scoff. "The only thing passing through my mind are the names our children will have."

"Is that so?" 

"Mhm." I hum.

"Aaah ok, then tell me about such names. I'm all ears."

My eyes widened at that.

"Um, it's a secret." I blurt out.

James just lets out a husky chuckle in response and I find myself closing my eyes with a smile as I listen to the sound of his voice.

"Hey, baby?" He finally speaks and I place my phone on my lap to rub my eyes.

"Yes?" I pick up the phone.

"I have a question, you do know the process of life, right? Between a man and a woman?

"What kind of question is that?!" I yell.

"A question of knowledge." He responds. 

Gritting my teeth at his answer, I glare at the sky who has done nothing to me.

"Do you?" He asks again.

"James whatever your last name is, hush." 

"Fine," He sighs. "I'll know the answer when the time comes." 

Inhale.

Exhale.

I suddenly had this desire to end his life and feed him to the sharks. They would find him very appetizing.