Chapter one

Perrie's POV:

"Perrie? Perrie!" I heard a voice echoing in my ear. I shake my head lightly from my daydream, even though it was more of a nightmare. I lift my head and meet Jesy's wide eyes. "Are you okay?" she asked with worryness laced in her words. "Yeah, I'm just... tired," I said hesitating on the last word. "We've had rehearsals all day and I just need to sleep for a little," I said, trying to convince her I was okay. I wasn't though. I had broken up with Alex about a week or so ago. I had to tell the girls that we broke up because we wanted different things in the future. I couldn't tell them the truth, he was the only one that knew and look where it got us. No one can ever know.

"Okay," Jesy responded a little unsure, but dropped the situation. Jade and Leigh kept giving me sympathetic looks during the rehearsals but neither once of them dug too deep into what happened, letting me have time to figure it out myself.

I hated feeling this way. Feeling like the world is crumbling around me. How I'm probably a burden to the other girls for being so down in the dumps. How I yet again, ruined any shot I had with anyone.

Rehearsals couldn't be over quick enough. The entire time I felt somewhere else. I just couldn't focus on the routine, I was just going through the motions. When we had our last water break and checked the time, I sighed in relief knowing we only had 15 minutes left. It was very weird. This isn't me. Nothing about this is me. I'm usually pretty happy and bubbly, but this past week i've felt the complete opposite and honestly, don't see myself ever being that way ever again. Unless, the impossible happened.

"Okay girls, you're done for today. We don't have rehearsal tomorrow, but we do the day after. We've got to get ready for the show," the choreographer said dismissing us. We had an award show performance at the beginning of next week, so we had to prepare for that. We're about to have a big break since we've finished tour, so I am literally counting down those days. I can't wait to be isolated from the world, eating ice cream from the box and watching Netflix by myself.

I walked some what fast over to the den area to collect my things. Unfortunately for me, the girls caught up very quickly. "Do you girls want to grab dinner?" Leigh asked as she took off her sneakers and replaced them with some sandals. "That sounds great," Jesy said taking out her ponytail. "I'm going to pass," I said, not looking up. The three girls gave me some sad looks but nodded understandably. "I think i'll have to pass too, Jed and I have scheduled a FaceTime date," Jade said smiling. She stopped though once she realized what she said. "Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything," she said looking guilty. "No babe, it's fine. Enjoy your date," I said reassuringly. Suddenly her phone started to ring. "That's him," she blushed and left the room.

Jesy placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "So I guess it's just us tonight," Leigh said. "Yeah, Lesy for the win," Jesy said and her and Leigh followed each other out the door. I continued to get the remainder of my stuff together and switch my shoes out. Jade came back in a few minutes later with a sad look on her face. "What's wrong baba?" I asked her when I realized the change in her expression. "What, oh nothing," she said, messing with the stuff in her bag. "Something is obviously up, what is it?" I ask, standing closer to her. She looked up and met my eyes. "Oh, its just, Jed had cancel our FaceTime tonight," she said. "I'm just worried." I grab her hands. "I'm sure everything is alright," I say gently. "Yeah, but it's the third time in a row," she said looking back down. "Why haven't you said anything to us?" I ask her sweetly. "You're going through so much right now, I wanted to make sure you were okay," she said.

"Come here babes," I said giving her a big huge. I breathed in the scent of her perfume. It brought me comfort in a weird way. Once we broke apart, she zipped up her bag and tossed it over her shoulder. "What do you say we have a movie night in?" I offered. "Are you sure, I know you wanted to go to sleep once you got home," she asks. "I would much rather watch Disney movies and cry into ice cream cartons," I said. "Sounds good to me," Jade laughed.

We took a car to Jade's apartment and plopped ourselves down onto her couch. "Do we want to order food?" Jade asked. "Sure, what do you feel like having?" I asked. "Is pizza okay?" she asked. "Yeah, that's great," I said. She left the room to grab her purse and call the restaurant. I grabbed the blanket that was near me and cuddled into it. I looked around her living room. I've been here so many times but every time I come I love looking at all the pictures on her walls. The one by the front door of us winning the Brit award is my favorite.

Jade came back into the room with two cups in her hands. "I made some tea for us," she said smiling and handed me the Mickey Mouse mug. "Thank you," I said and started sipping it slowly. "What movie do you want to watch?" she asked, looking through her stash of DVD's. "Uh, can we watch Beauty and the Beast? I haven't seen that one in ages," I said. "Sure," she said grabbing the disk and placing it into the DVD player. She curled up next to me on the couch and started the movie.

I watched Jade watch the movie. She was so focused on it, which made me smile. I saw her look my way which caused me to immediately focus my eyes back on the screen. The pizza came right after and we each took a piece and finished the movie. Jade shut it off and faced towards me. "Do you want to talk about what happened with Alex? Don't feel like you have to, but I'm here to listen if you need it," she said. I looked down, finding interest in my hands but began to speak.

"I just miss him. I thought we were set and had everything but I guess we didn't and I think that's what hurts the most," I said making up something on the spot. I didn't even realize I had tears falling down my face. That caused Jade to move over to me and wrap her arms around me. I nuzzled my head into her neck and she rubbed my back softly. "It's okay, i've got you," she said. After I had calmed down a little, we put on another movie, this time Frozen. I felt my eyes start to get heavy at some point and before I knew it I was passed out.

When I woke up in the morning, it was bright outside. I rubbed my eyes and looked around not realizing where I was. I figured out I was still at Jade's apartment and checked the time on my phone. It was 8am. I saw the tv was still on and I shut it and then looked around. I saw Jade sleeping about a foot away curled up in a soft, fluffy blanket. She looked so peaceful and cute all wrapped up. She somehow has helped me the most in the past week with the breakup, but what she doesn't know, or really anyone, was that she was the cause of it.