chapter thirteen

Perrie's POV:

Today was the day of Jed's funeral. It was only close friends and family coming. Leigh had come back from Jamaica to attend. Jesy also returned from her traveling with Chris to join us.

"You alright?" I ask Jade. She nodded, not taking her eyes off of the window of the car. We drove to the funeral in a soft silence. I placed my hand on her leg and continued to watch her out of the corner of my eye.

Once we reached the church, the driver dropped us off and we got out. We were pretty early, the only other people here were Leigh, Jesy, and Jade's family. Once they saw us get out the car, they came over to us. "Come here babe," Jesy said, giving Jade a long hug. Leigh continues to do the same. Jade didn't cry, she just avoided eye contact and had slight sniffles. It wasn't until her man hugged her that she let the tears fall. "Aww, sweetie. It's alright," her mam said continuing to cuddle her.

My heart broke for her, I looked to the other girls and they had the same pained expression on their faces. Little Karl spotted me and walked over gloomy to us. "Hey bud," I said as he joined me. "So, is uncle Jed gone?" he asked sadly. I looked at him, shocked her understood what was going on. I bent down to reach his level. "Yeah buddy," I said sadly. He nodded and looked down at his shoes. I saw the tears in his eyes so I pulled him into a big hug.

Eventually, people started to show up. Lots of people had turned up though, which I could tell made Jade a little happy to see how much he was loved. Jed's band mates and family were there and spotted Jade straight away. His parents gave her a long hug followed by his sister.

I didn't leave Jade's side the entire time. Whenever I could see her starting to break I grabbed her hand, which seemed to work. The service had started shortly after everyone had shown up. "I think I'm going to tell everyone I'm pregnant," Jade whispers to me. "Are you sure? You're still pretty early in," I say to her. She nods "They deserve to know. It should be fine as long as they don't tell anyone else," she says. I nod and give her a side cuddle, allowing her head to rest on my shoulder. I could see Leigh was holding her hand and Jesy had her arm around Leigh so her hand reached Jade, which ran through her hair.

Once it was Jade's turn to speak, I gave her a small pat on the back before she stood up. She got up slowly and walked over to the podium. Once she reached it, she took a breath and tried to get herself together. She made eye contact with me and I gave her a small smile and a nod. She nodded back softly and began speaking.

"Thank you all for being here today, it means a lot. Jed was such an amazing person. He's going to be missed tremendously. It feels like yesterday we were rocking out in my living room and watching movies on the couch. We might not have gotten to see each other much but, in a way it made every time we did see each other more special than it already was. I know Jed loved his job," she said motioning to his band mates. "You guys are incredible. His family are some of the nicest people i've ever met, so thank you to all of you for being so kind and welcoming. I do have one more thing," she said, hesitating. "I'm pregnant," she said.

I looked around and saw people smiling with tears. "I found out a few weeks before he passed. He was really excited about it," she said before looking down. Once she regrouped herself she continued. "I'm not sure when i'll be announcing it publicly so please keep it to yourself. Thank you, and I love you, Jed," she said finishing. Those last words felt like a dagger in my heart. I felt guilty because I know I'm being extremely selfish but I can't help it.
Jade returning to her seat breaks my thoughts.

"You did so well baba," I said, wiping a few fallen tears from her face. She smiled and cuddled into me to which I accept and rub her arm.

Once the funeral was over, a few different people came over to greet us. "Hey," Luke from Jed's band said which the others following him. They each have her a hug. "Congratulations, I know Jed would've been great," Luke says. Jade nods and thanks him. Shortly after, Jed's family comes over. His mam greeted Jade with a hug.

"Congratulations sweetie, please keep us in the loop with everything. I want to meet and spend time with my grandchild," she said in tears. "Of course," Jade said. His father and sister did the same. Finally, we reached the girls and Jade's family. Leigh and Jesy came over and gave us a group hug. Jade's brother, Karl, has come over.

"I can't believe it," he said with a smile. Shireen came over holding Amara. "You're going to have a baby cousin," she said to Amara who smiled. "Yay!" Amara shouted which made Jade smile.

We finally made it back home and changed into some Disney pajamas. I noticed Jade was taking extra long so I went over to her bedroom door and knocked softly.

"Jade, you okay?" I asked. She didn't respond, just simply opened the door. I walked in and she walked over to her dresser. I followed her eyes down to her hand where her ring was.

Slowly but surely she slips it off and places it on her dresser. I simply smiled and grabbed her hand. She gave me a thankful look and we walked out to the couch. We sat down and turned on Beauty and the Beast.

About halfway through the movie Jade sat up and looked at me. "Thank you for everything. I really, really appreciate it," she says. "Of course, I would do it again in a heartbeat," I say. "But I don't understand. Why did you put your entire life on hold just for me?" she asked. At that moment my heart was beating out of my chest. We were sat right next to each other so being close was an understatement. Without thinking, I leaned in and felt our lips connect. We broke apart and started at each other. What did I just do?

a/n: hey, i'm currently going through a lot of personal stuff at the minute, so my updates have been slower than normal. my future posts will also probably be irregular until i get everything figured out. i've already finished writing this book, so it'll just be when i can find time to edit and read it. i'll probably be back to updating regularly in about a month. i hope you understand :)