chapter eight

a/n: merry christmas eve! i couldn't leave you on that cliffhanger for long

Perrie's POV:

I could hear someone calling my name. "Perrie! Perrie!" the voice shouted. I slowly blinked my eyes, opening them slightly. I open them all the way and see Leigh next to me. "Are you okay?" she asked concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine. What happened?" I asked, still a little groggily. "Someone crashed into the bus. I called for help but they are a little far. I nod sitting up all the way. "Is everyone okay?" I asked being more alert of what happened. "Jesy seems to be okay but she keeps falling asleep. Jade and Jed I'm not sure," Leigh said frantically. I look over to where everyone else was. There was a huge indent on the side of the bus, right where Jade and Jed were sitting. It looks like all three of them were thrown from their seats. Leigh was with Jesy, who was sitting on the floor holding her head. I decided to try and climb over to Jade. Once I reached her, she had a wound on her head with blood coming out. She was asleep so I tried to cover it with a tissue to stop as much bleeding. I looked over next to me and saw Jed on the floor. He was motionless and had a big gash on his head. He was still breathing but looked really pale.

I relaxed a little when I heard the sirens. The ambulance pulled up and took a look at each of us. They took Jed, Jesy, and Jade away on a stretcher, which made me nervous. "She's pregnant!" I shouted at the paramedic who was taking Jade away. The paramedic nodded and loaded her into the ambulance. The one that took Jesy let me and Leigh ride with them to the hospital since none of us were injured that bad.

The ride seemed to take forever. My mind kept thinking of the worst possible senerio. It wasn't until we pulled up to the hospital that I was focused on other stuff. They rushed Jade, Jed, and Jesy into separate rooms to get worked on. They took me and Leigh into a room to get checked out.

Each of us got looked at by a doctor, but we didn't have anything but a couple of cuts and bruises. We finished our discharge paperwork and went out to the waiting room. While we were out there, Leigh called Andre and I called Chris. They both rushed over and met us in the waiting room. "Thank god you're okay," Andre said running over to Leigh and taking her in his arms. "How's Jess?" Chris asked. "We're not sure yet, they haven't told us anything," I responded nervously. "At least you two are okay," he said.

A doctor came out a few minutes later. "Are you the girls who were in the bus crash?" he asked. "Yes, that's us," I said. "Okay, you're friend Jesy is fine. She has nothing more than a mild concussion but she'll be healed up in a few days and she can be discharged soon," the doctor said. I could see Chris relax a little and take a few breathes. "Jade is stable. She had a huge wound but we stitched it up and she will wake up soon," the doctor continued. "And the baby?" I asked, nervous for the answer. "The baby is fine. All the tests came back normal," he said. I sighed in relief and brushed the hair out of my eyes. "What about Jed?" Leigh asked. The doctor's face fell a little before we spoke. "He has a head injury. We stitched it up but the tests came back with some not so good news. The biggest thing right now is seeing if he wakes up. There's a chance he will. If he does, he has a chance of getting better," the doctor said before pausing. "And if not?" I ask. "If not, he unfortunately won't survive," he said.

All of us stood there in a little bit of shock. "Okay thank you doctor," Andre said. "Can we see them?" Chris asked. The doctor nodded. "You can see Jesy right now. I'll alert you when Jade wakes up and if anything changes with Jed," he said. "Thank you," Leigh said before following all of us to Jesy's room.

We reached Jesy's room and opened the door slowly. Chris was the first to go in and smiled at her. "Hey babe. How are you?" he asked sweetly. "I'm good besides my head hurting," she said is a low voice. He smiled when the rest of us came in and took a seat. "The doctor said you can leave soon, he's getting your discharge papers," Leigh said. "Okay great, how's Jade and Jed?" she asked. "Jade and the baby are fine, she'll be awake soon. Jed isn't. We'll have to see if he wakes up to know more," I said. "There's a chance he won't?" she asked worryingly. I nod, "Yeah."

The doctor brought back the discharge papers and Jesy filled them out. Once the doctors released us, we went back out into the waiting room. "Has anyone called Norma?" Jesy asked. "No, but I will real quick," I said.

I walked outside to a quiet place and dialed her number. Norma answered after a few rings.

"Hey Perrie! Is everything alright?" Norma answered. "Hi, actually it's not. Our bus got into a crash and Jade is in the hospital," I said, trying to sound calm. "Oh my god, is she alright?" Norma asked. "Yes, her and the baby are fine," I said reassuringly. "Baby?" Norma asked confused. "Yeah," I said. "Jade didn't tell you?" I asked, realizing that she didn't know. "No. Listen, I'm on my way. I'll be there in a few hours," she said. "Okay, but it's Jed," I said. "What do you mean?" she asks with worry in her voice. "There's a chance he won't wake up," I say. She was silent for a few moments. "Does Jade know?" she asked. "Not yet," I sighed.

We finished up the phone call and I walked back inside. "Pez, Jade's awake," Leigh said as soon as I walked in. "Okay, Normas on her way," I said. We walked up a few floors and down a hallway into Jade's room. We knocked quietly and opened the door. Jade saw us walk in and smiled.

"Hi, thanks for staying," she said in a bit of a raspy voice. "Of course baba, how are you?" I ask sitting on the side of her bed. "I'm okay, just a bit sore I guess," she said, readjusting herself on the bed. "Listen babe, we have something to tell you that you're not going to like," I said. "Okay, what?" she asked, growing concerned. I grabbed one of Jade's hands before speaking. "Jed has a head injury and might not wake up," I said closing my eyes. When I opened them I looked at Jade. She nodded but I could see the tears welling in her eyes. "Come here babe," I said, holding my arms out. She graciously accepted them and let the tears fall. Leigh and Jesy had come over and attempted to comfort her. This was going to be a long night.