chapter fourteen

Perrie's POV:

What did I just do? My mind was still trying to process what happened. I just did it. I kissed Jade.

We broke apart and made eye contact. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" I tried to say. "No, it's okay," she said reassuringly.

A weird silence filled the room. Usually our silence has a lace of comfort in it. Not this one though. This one felt uncomfortable, and almost awkward.

"I'm going to go shower real quick. I'll be back down in a minute," she said, breaking the silence. She began walking into her room. Once she was in and shut the door, I practically fell on the couch.

I placed my hands to my head and shook it. I can't believe I just did that. Not only was it wrong to do out of the blue. But after her dead boyfriend's funeral, really? She already has so much stuff going on and I'm probably just adding to it.

In order to leave my thoughts, I get up and walk into the room I've been staying in for almost a month now. I throw on my pajamas real quick and go back into the living room. I grab the soft throw blanket before plopping onto the couch. I spread the blanket out on top of me and cuddle into the pillow beside me.

I heard the water stop running from the shower. My heart dropped to my stomach when I heard Jade going into her bedroom.

How was I going to explain this? She probably hates me. I've probably ruined any shot I had with her and our friendship.

The door of her room opened and Jade walked out in her Disney pajamas. She looked like she was shivering. "Are you okay?" I ask a little concerned. "Yeah, I'm just freezing," she said. "Come here," I said patting the cushion next to me. She shuffles over and sits down. I placed the blanket so it covered both of us and rubbed her arms to warm her up. "Thanks," she said gratefully. I smiled at her and grabbed the remote. We decided on watching a new Netflix movie. We turned it on and cuddled into the blanket.

Once the movie was over, Jade grabbed the remote and turned the tv off. She sat up and looked at me with a nervous look in her eye. "Can we talk about earlier?" she said a little uneasily. "Yeah listen, I'm really sorry about that. I don't know why I did it," I said a little embarrassed. Jade nervous laughed with me and then another silence filled the room.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask. My heart was beating out of my chest. The palms of my hands were starting to get sweaty. I thought I was going to have a panic attack right then and there. "Yeah of course," she said with a smile.

I readjusted the way I was sitting and turned to face her. "I-I," I started but kept stuttering. "It's okay, just breathe babe," she said rubbing my arm, sensing how nervous I was. I nodded and took a couple deep breathes. Once I finally composed myself I started.

"So, I know this is definitely not the right time to do this, if there even is a right time. And I know that you have so much stuff you're going through, and I can't even begin to imagine what you're feeling," I said before taking a deep breath. "Jade, I- I like you. As more than my best friend," I said, immediately looking down at my hands, afraid to see her reaction. When she didn't say anything I lifted my eyes slowly to meet hers. She just kind of sat there with a shocked expression on her face.

"Are you mad?" I asked, beyond terrified of her answer. "Of course not babe, I'm just a little shocked is all," she said smiling. "I'm sorry, I know this messes everything up," I said. "Babe, don't say that, I'm flattered you like me," she said, wrapping her arms around me. "If I'm being honest, all those times we were joking about being in love for all the Jerrie fans, I secretly was starting to have feelings too," she admitted. "Really?" I ask, looking at her with a surprised look. "Yeah," she nodded. "So what does this mean for us?" I ask with uncertainty. "I'm not sure. I guess we just take it slow and see where it goes," she suggested. I nod and lay my head on her shoulder. She leans her head on top of mine and we turn on another movie.

That went a lot better than I was expecting. Honestly, that's the best outcome I could have even imagined.