chapter ten

Perrie's POV:

"Jed's awake," Chris said, out of breath from running. "Can I see him?" Jade asked. Chris nodded his head and we helped Jade out of bed and into a wheelchair. The doctor doesn't want her walking around until they're sure the baby is okay.

I wheeled Jade down the hall and Leigh, Jesy, and Chris followed. We met Andre, who was waiting outside of Jed's door. Both him and Chris got the hint and walked down the hall to give Jade some privacy, knowing she wouldn't be comfortable getting upset in front of them.
Leigh opened the door quietly and I wheeled Jade in.

Jed smiled when he saw her. He was pretty beat up so he couldn't move very well, so Jade grabbed his hand gently once she got over to him. "You're going to be okay," she said with her voice breaking. I could see a few tears roll down Jed's face from where me, Leigh, and Jesy were standing in the doorway.

"I saw the baby today," Jade said after a few minutes. "I know I should've waited for you but-," Jade said before Jed cut her off. "No no, how is the baby?" he chocked out. "Peanut's beautiful," she said with a smile. "Peanut?" Jed asked confused. "Yeah, Perrie was with me and named it Peanut," I laughed. "I love it," he said.
I smile at there conversation. My feelings for Jade may have grown stronger but in this moment, all I can see if my best friend.

Jade starts to get up slowly to move onto his bed, but I ran over to help her before she made it all the way up. "Thanks," she said, before carefully cuddling up to Jed. I smiled and walked back to the girls. Jed placed his hand on top of Jade's, whose hand was resting on her stomach.

They sat like that for a while before Jed had to get some tests done so we took Jade back to her room. She looked so much better from seeing Jed than she had looked this morning. The doctor also came in to check her as well. She had some bruising near her hips and legs that were pretty swollen but other than that, she seemed pretty good.

After the doctor left her room. We decided to go back into Jed's room. Andre and Chris has just been in there but left to go to the cafeteria. Us girls went down the hallway. On our way, we heard a loud alarm go off. Suddenly a bunch of doctors and nurses ran down the hall. But our hearts dropped when we saw them running into Jed's room.

We started heading down there, much faster then before. We stopped outside of the room and watched from the hall. I saw one of the doctors doing compressions while another one closed the door and curtain. I looked down to see a horrified look on Jade's face. I rubbed her arms and kissed the top of her head to bring her some type of comfort.

After a few minutes, the doctor came out of the room. "Unfortunately Jed had some internal bleeding we didn't catch before. That caused his heart to stop and he stopped breathing. He slipped into a coma but since he was without oxygen for too long, he's not going to wake up. The only thing keeping him alive now is life support," the doctor said in a sad tone. At this point all of us were crying. Jade just looked stunned. "C-can I go say g-goodbye?" Jade asked through tears. "Of course. Take your time," the doctor said, and walked away.

We brought Jade into the room and wheeled her over to the bed. Jed looked so different. He was pale and had all types of tubes coming out of him. When Jade reaches his bed, she placed a kiss on his cheek. She then grabbed his motionless hand and planted her head into the bed. From there all she did was sob. It absolutely broke my heart but when I tried to go over there to comfort her, Jesy stopped me. "She needs to do this," she said with a sad look. I nod and all of us girls went into the hallway, trying to process everything.

After about 15 minutes, we knocked on the door gently. Jade hadn't left her position but was now watching Jed, waiting any type of movement. All of us went over to her and just hugged her. All of us were crying again and we sat like that until a doctor came in.

He entered the room slowly and came over to us. "Are you ready?" he asked with a sad smile. "Yes, just one more thing," Jade said through tears. "I love you so much and so does our little peanut," she said smiling. She kissed his cheek again and gave the doctor a small nod.

The doctor nodded back and walked over to where the machine was. He pressed a few buttons before watching the screen.
I grip onto Jade tightly, trying to give her any type of comfort. We watched the screen and just like that, the beeping turned into one slow one.