chapter twenty-one

Perrie's POV:

I scramble to get my stuff together for today. Leigh is picking me, Jesy, and Jade up and we're going to go baby shopping today. We found out the gender a few weeks ago, so now we can get the nursery together and some of his clothes.

I dry my wet hair with a towel. I stroll into the living room and see Jade struggling to get her shoes on.

"Do you need some help babes?" I ask. She looks up at me looking a little defeated. "Please, let me help you," I said again. "Can you tie them?" she asked finally giving in. "Sure," I said bending down and tying her sneakers. "Thanks," she said. "Of course," I said wrapping my arm around her.

Jade moved away when she felt my soaking wet hair. "Go dry it, Leigh will be here soon," she said pushing me lightly to my bedroom. "Considering how Leigh drives I think we're okay," I said jokingly before going into my room.

This is the room i've been staying in for months now. All my stuff is in here and I get ready in here but I don't sleep in it. I've been sleeping in Jade's room next to her for the past few weeks. In a way it brings us both a bit of comfort being next to each other. Being by myself is scary and lonely.

I blow dry my hair and put on some quick makeup. I put on some tennis shoes and walked out into the living room. After a minute or two, Leigh texted she was here. "You ready?" I ask. Jade nods and grabs my hand.

We climbed into the backseat of Leigh's car. "Hey Jerrie," Jesy said as we closed the door. "Please don't drive badly, we have a baby on board," I said putting my arms around Jade's bump protectively. "You know she can't help it," Jade says jokingly. "Hey, I can hear you," Leigh says from the drivers seat. "We know," the three of us said in unison. Leigh rolls her eyes and continues to drive.

"Want to go to the shops first?" Leigh asked. "We can look for baby clothes and all the stuff you'll need." Jade nods in response and we pull into the parking lot of the shops.

There are two baby/kid stores in this strip so we popped into both. The first one we went into was all for babies. Anywhere from newborn to about two years old.

"Oh my god," Jesy said when we walked in. The shop itself was kind of overwhelming. They had a variety of things from strollers to clothes to toys. They had so many selections all over the place.

"Where do you want to start?" I ask Jade when I realized she hasn't spoken since we got in here. "Should we start by the clothes and loop around?" she suggests. "Sure," Jesy said grabbing her other hand, sensing how overwhelmed she was.

We looked at dozens of onesies and outfits. We had a ton by the time we were done. "These are so tiny," Leigh said holding one of the onesies in the basket up. "Yeah it's crazy," Jade said rubbing her stomach.

We made our way through the strollers, car seats, carriers, toys, bottles, and other baby things. We got to the check out and started scanning everything.

"Wow," Jade said looking at the final price of everything. "Babies are expensive," I said a little shocked. "I'm never having kids," Jesy said. "And we still have to get the furniture for the nursery," Leigh added. "Crap yeah," Jade said rubbing her head a little. "You okay?" I ask her quietly. She nods her head and pays for the stuff. "It's all just a bit much," she said softly. I give her a sympathetic look and rub her back.

"So what were you thinking for the nursery?" Jesy asked once we left the shop. "I kind of want to do a music theme, considering what he's going to grow up around," Jade said. My heart melted. This is going to be so cute. "That's great babe," I said stroking her hair. She smiled and we walked over to the shop down. the street.

We were pretty quick in that one. Just grabbing the necessities: crib, changing table, rocking chair, etc. We figured we would order the decorations and anything else we needed online.

Leigh dropped us off at Jade's apartment. Her and Jesy helped us carry everything in before leaving. They wanted to give us some alone time to unpack everything and get it sorted.

We were in the soon to be nursery building the crib when I saw Jade look around in discomfort. "You okay babe?" I ask her. "Yeah, my back is just sore from walking around today," she said trying to rub it. I move over to her and rub it gently. "Thank you," she said stretching slightly. "Did it help?" I ask. "Yeah, a lot," she responded. I smile and we continued building the crib.

We had finished building the furniture and put away some of the stuff we bought. The room was beginning to look like a room and I could tell Jade was freaking out a bit.

We both stood in the doorway of the room, admiring everything in it. "Thank you for staying around these past few months," Jade said. I looked at her and smiled. "Anything for you," I said. "You don't have to stay though. I feel guilty that you haven't been home in so long," she said. "My home is with you," I said looking into her eyes. A smile forms on her face and I see the twinkle of water in her eyes. She kisses me and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Move in with me," she said. "Really?" I ask excitedly. "I know we've only been dating a few months but our friendship goes back years," she said lifting her head back up to look at me. A smile appears on my face and we kiss again. After we break away I wrap my arms around her, careful of her small bump. "I love you," I said. "Love you too," she says.