chapter thirty-one

Perrie's POV:

I felt the bed move as I started to wake up. I opened my eyes slowly to see Jade leaving the room, making an effort to not wake me. After I woke up all the way I sat up and checked the time. It was nine in the morning and the sun was shining brightly through the window.

I slid out of bed and walked in the direction Jade went, not being too obvious I knew she was up. I walked down the hall until I saw Jet's bedroom door open. I peaked my head in and saw Jade rocking a crying Jet.

"How long have you been up?" I ask, trying to play it off. Jade jumped a little, not expecting to see me. "Not long, I heard Jet crying," she said. After Jet was born Jade has become an incredibly light sleeper. I'm still a really deep sleeper, which doesn't help with the situation with Jade.

"Did I wake you?" Jade asked, looking a little scared. "No, I was already waking up," I reassured her. I walked all the way into the room and gave Jade a kiss on the lips and then rubbing Jet's arm. "I'll go make us some breakfast, what do you want?" I ask her. "Just toast please," she said. "That's it?" I ask again. "Mhmm," she hums, putting her attention back to Jet who was slowly drifting off to sleep. I nod and walk out to the kitchen.

I got the bread out the cupboard and placed two slices in the toaster before grabbing some eggs for me. When the toast was done I put some butter on it and put it on a plate. I cooked my eggs and made some coffee for both of us. I brought all the plates to the table and heard Jade come back out.

"He's down, thanks babe." she said as I pulled her chair out for her. I sat at the chair across from her and we began the eat. I finished my plate quickly while Jade was struggling to eat one piece of toast. "You okay?" I asked her. "Yeah, just not very hungry to be honest," she said taking a sip of her coffee.

I decided to change the topic of conversation. "Is it alright if Leigh and Jes come over today?" I ask her. "Yeah, sure," she said with a smile. Jesy has filled Leigh in on the situation and were coming at eleven. Jade stood up with her plate of half eaten toast and grabbed my empty plate. She walked into the kitchen and placed both dishes in the dishwasher. "I'm going to go shower," I announced. "Okay, I'll clean up a little bit," Jade said.

-

-

-

I heard a knock on the door as I put the last of my makeup on. "They're here babe!" Jade called to me. I walked out of the bedroom and greeted both girls. "Now where's my god child?" Leigh asked making the four of us laugh. "Asleep but we can take you there if you want?" Jade says. Leigh nods but as I go to walk with them I felt a hand grab my arm. I turn back to see Jesy facing me. "Actually, can I have a glass of water, my throats a little scratchy," Jesy asks. "Yeah, I'll get you one," I say, getting the hint from Jesy. I motion Jade to go with Leigh, she nods and the two girls walk down the hall.

Jesy takes me to the kitchen and gets a glass out. "So what's the plan for today?" Jesy asks filling the glass up. "I figured we could take Jet on a walk and then get food?" I say. "Okay that sounds good," Jesy says.

The two girls had come back into the main part of the apartment. Leigh was carrying Jet and Jade was following close behind. "Do you girls want to take Jet for a walk?" I ask. The three girls nodded and I went to Jet's stroller. Leigh placed the baby in and began to walk with Jesy out the door. Jade walks over to the stroller and begins pushing it and I walk next to her as we exit the building.

The four of us walked through the city. There was a part not far from us so we decided to head there. There were two different conversations going on. Jesy and Jade were up ahead a little bit talking about going back to work while Leigh walked next to me, holding my hand as we walked.

"What are you going to do?" Leigh asked. "I don't know," I said and Leigh squeezed my hand. "You know how Jade is, she doesn't like talking about hard stuff so I don't want to upset her, especially because I don't know the actual reason behind all of this," I said. "Maybe she's feeling insecure? I know after my sister had her first kid she was very insecure about her body afterward," Leigh suggested. "Maybe, that would account for the lack of eating and why she hasn't worn anything but baggy clothes," I said. "Don't worry, you'll figure it out," Leigh said reassuringly.

-

-

-

We finally made it to the park after about 10 minutes of walking. The four of us sat down at a picnic table. Jet began to cry and I began to stand up but Jade picked him up and rocked him soothingly. I looked around and saw there was a food stand near us. "Do you all want something?" I asked. Jesy and Leigh gave me their orders but Jade hadn't spoken yet. "Jade, what would you like?" I asked. "Err I'm good," she said. "Are you sure?" I asked, growing concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine," she said rocking Jet. I nod and walk over to the vendors.

I order the food and wait. I watch Jade play with Jet and tickle him. I smile at the sight. When the food was ready I picked it all up and walked back over the them. I handed out all the food and put a plate of fries in front of her. She looked up at me slightly confused. "I know you said you didn't want anything but you need to eat something," I said. She smiled at me and placed Jet back down in his stroller.

The three of us ate while Jade picked at her fries. Leigh and Jesy were giving me concerned glances but luckily Jade didn't notice. When we were finished, we started to make our way back to the apartment.

"Do you want me to push him?" I asked Jade. "No, it's fine," she said. I nodded and saw Leigh give me a glance before placing her hand on my shoulder.

We had make it back home and the girls were getting ready to leave. We gave each girl a hug and when I got to Jesy she whispered something to me. 

"You'll figure it out."