chapter nineteen

Jade's POV:

It's been about a week since we announced my pregnancy. Overall i've received nice comments about it, only a few hate ones. Jesy and Leigh have scheduled my gender reveal party for tonight. I was beyond nervous. I don't care which gender it is but I'm still scared.

"Baba, you okay?" Perrie asked from the couch across the room. "Yeah, just a little nervous," I said. She immediately got up and sat down next to me. She planted a kiss on my cheek and cuddled into me. "Thanks," I said. "Of course. Do you know what you're wearing tonight?" she asked.

"Crap no," I said. I was supposed to have gone out and picked up a dress but I completely forgot about it. "You want to go out and get something," she asked sweetly. I nodded and Perrie helped me off the couch.

"You do know I'm not that big yet," I said laughing. "No, but it's good practice for when you are," she said. I smiled and grabbed her hand while we walked down to the car.

We drove into town and stopped at a little series of shops. Perrie opened the door for me and I got out. We walked inside this one boutique which was gorgeous. It was decorated with flowers everywhere and was just lovely.

I started looking over at the dresses in the back. Perrie held a few that I liked and we went to go try them on.

I put on a white sundress first. I walked out and Perrie's face scrunched up. "Nah, you can't even see the bump," she said. I walked back in and put on a blue romper. When I came out Perrie still had an unhappy expression.

"Better than the last one, but still not my favorite. I sighed, putting on the last dress. I tossed it on and looked at the mirror in the fitting room. I loved it.

It was a beautiful lavender color. It was tight so you could see my bump clearly. It had a nice lace on the back. I opened the door satisfied and Perrie's jaw dropped. "This is it," she said. "Yeah, I really like it," I said, placing my hand on my swollen stomach.

"You're so cute," Perrie said, which made me blush and my face go red. I smile at her and go back into the fitting room to change into my other clothes.

We checked out and drove back home. Jesy and Leigh haven't told us anything about tonight. Not even where we're supposed to go.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I say once we walked in the door. "Yeah of course. What's up?" Perrie asked. I could hear her nervousness in her voice. We sit down on the couch and I lay into her.

"You know this baby is yours too right? As long as you're okay with that, this isn't my baby, it's ours. I don't want to burden you though," I said. I didn't get a response right away so I turn to look at her, nervous of her reaction.

She was in tears. I quickly wiped them away and she smiled. "No, you're not burdening me at all. I can't wait to meet our baby," she said with a big smile. I kiss her and allow our foreheads to lean against each other.

"I love you," I say without hesitating. "I love you too," she responds. I smile to myself and feel tears forming too.

My phone buzzed as I got a message from Leigh. "Blue Park at 6:30," I read the text out loud. Perrie looked the time. "It's five, want to get ready?" she asks. I nod and begin making my way into my room.

I put on the dress I picked out earlier, falling more in love with it. I put on a full face of makeup, curled my hair and put on some tan sandals. I walked out of my room and saw Perrie ready. She was wearing a blue romper, some white heels and her hair in its natural waves with a full face of makeup on.

"You look stunning," I said. "Thanks babe, so do you," she said giving me a smile. We made our way to the park and started walking in. There were loads of cars in the lot. We both recognized my families' and a few of our friends.

Right before we walked inside, I grabbed Perrie's hand and pulled her aside. "Okay, i've been thinking a lot about this and, what would you say if we announced our relationship here?" I asked.

Perrie smiled. "I would love that," she said. She grabs my hand and we walk inside. We stroll down the pathway for a little until we get to a part that is covered slightly.

"Perrie, Jade!" I heard Leigh shout. We turn and see her and Jesy standing by the front of the awning. We hurried over to them and gave them each a hug. "Thank you so much for doing this, it looks amazing," I said. No problem, you haven't even seen the inside yet," Jesy says.

The four of us turn the corner and my jaw dropped. There were blue and pink balloons everywhere. Tables of food set up. Even streamers hung up everywhere.

"Woah," I say a little surprised. "You guys really pulled it off," Perrie said laughing. "I'm ignoring the fact you ever doubted us," Leigh says. We laugh and I see my family coming towards. I give them each a hug and begin talking to them.

"Mamy!" I hear Perrie shout. I turn and see Debbie giving Perrie a hug. Once I looked around, I saw all the moms here. It warmed my heart that they came for me.

Once we greeted everyone, I decided now was the time. I walked to the front where the balloon was set up for the gender reveal.

"Hi everyone! First of all, thank you so much for coming out here. I love you all," I say. I spot Jed's family in the back giving me a big smile. I smile back before continuing. "Before we do the reveal, I actually have something I want to tell all of you," I said.

I motioned to Perrie to come up here and she walked up immediately and stood next to me. "Perrie and I are together. We have been for about two months," I say, nervous of the outcome. Everyone's faces were in shock. But, once the shock wore off, they all smiled and roared with claps and cheers. Perrie grabbed my hand and I saw both of our moms who were sat next to each other hugging with huge grins on their faces.

Loads of different people came over to congratulate us. Jed's family came over to talk to me, which had me terrified on how they were going to respond.

"That's fantastic news," his mam said giving each of us a hug. That sentence alone sent relief all through my body. "You two are meant for each other," his dad said doing the same.

"Okay Jade, I think it's time," I heard Jesy shout to me from across the area. I nod and Perrie and I make our way over to the balloon.

"Are you nervous?" she asked once we reached her. "Terrified," I said. She gave me a quick hug and handed me the needle to pop the balloon.

Perrie rubbed my hand and everyone started counting. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1," they chanted. I poked the balloon with the needle which popped the balloon. Confetti fell everywhere. It took me a minute to register what color it was.

"It's a boy!" I cried.