chapter twenty-nine

Jade's POV:

We're bringing the baby home today from the hospital. Jesy and Leigh are picking us up at twelve and helping us settle in. Perrie was getting the last of our stuff together while I fed Jet. He's about three days old and I'm still not used to being a mam.

He kept Perrie and I up all last night crying. He wasn't bad the nights before, only waking up twice to be changed and fed.

"You ready to go home babe?" Perrie asked me. "More than ready," I said. She nodded and sat next to me on the bed. When Jet was done, I handed him to Perrie who kissed his cheek and cuddled the baby.

I stood up slowly, still not feeling 100% and grabbed a change of clothes before making my way to the bathroom. I changed out of my hospital gown into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I walked back out and went over to grab something from our bag. I winced as pain spread through my body while I bent down. Perrie saw my discomfort and was quick to say something.

"Baba, sit down. I'll get it," she said placing Jet into his bassinet. She walked over to me and bent down to get the bag. She linked arms with me and walked me back to the bed. I sat down and Perrie placed the bag in front of me. I smiled thankful and she gave me a grin back.

I grabbed the onesie out of the bag and Perrie placed Jet in front of me. I changed him into the onesie and took a picture. Perrie and I looked at the picture in awe before posting it to Instagram.

-

-

-

When twelve finally rolled around we finished our discharge paperwork and grabbed all of our things. A nurse put me in a wheelchair, when I would normally argue but I was grateful not to have to walk through the long corridors and to the car. Perrie placed Jet in my lap and walked next to me as we made our way to the front of the hospital.

We spotted Leigh's car right away and both girls came out of the car to help us. Leigh took some of the bags from Perrie and placed them in her trunk while Perrie put the carseat on the seat. Jesy took Jet from me and helped me up and into the car. "You comfortable?" she asked. I nodded and she handed the baby back to me.

I took Jet and placed him into the carseat and buckled him in with Perrie's help. She slid in next to me while Jesy and Leigh climbed into the car. As we drove Perrie allowed my head to rest on her shoulder. She ran her figures through my hair and grabbed my hand.

The whole ride was silent. The girls could tell I was exhausted and Perrie wasn't at her normal energy level, so they let us have our moment in the back. Even Jet didn't make a sound except for a few small noises that all of us cooed at.

When we pulled up in front of our apartment building, Leigh let the four of us out and said she'll met us at the apartment once she's parked. Jesy got out and grabbed our bags from the back. Perrie got out first and helped me out. She took Jet in his carrier and I held whatever was left as we made our way in.

When we reached the door, I placed the key inside and unlocked it. We all entered and placed everything down. I immediately sat on the couch followed by Perrie with Jet in her arms. Jesy went to the kitchen and put on the kettle for us.

I rested my head against Perrie and felt her kiss the top of my head. "J'dore, go to bed. Jet will be okay for a few hours. I can tell you're exhausted," Perrie whispered to me. I sat up and looked at her. "Are you sure?" I asked, feeling a little guilty that I was leaving her to look after the baby. "Of course. Look, he's already falling asleep," Perrie said holding Jet up slightly. I nodded and gave them both a kiss. I walked into the kitchen where Jesy was and gave her hug. "Thank you, for everything," I said. "Anytime Jadey," she said. When we broke away she handed me the painkillers the doctor prescribed. I took them quickly and walked into the bedroom. I climbed into bed and fell asleep as soon my my head hit the pillow.