chapter seven

Perrie's POV:

Today we have our last show before our long break. It's nothing big, but we probably won't see much of each other in those few months so it's important to us. We have to be at the venue at two for soundcheck and all that stuff. Our show is at five and then we're all going to Leigh's house to celebrate after.

I headed down to Leigh's house a little early. We're all taking our own cars to her house and our bus is picking us up to take us there and back. It's probably a little unnecessary to take a bus for five people, but we wanted to be extra for the night. It'll be just us girls and Jed, since he doesn't get to see Jade perform as much as Chris and Andre get to. Chris had an event tonight and Andre is staying to get the place ready for us.

Since I was a little early, I stopped by a local coffee shop for a coffee. It was a small, cute little place but I come here a lot when I need to clear my head. Something about sitting in the corner table reading a book is comforting. Today I didn't have time to sit but it brought some comfort just popping in.

I drove to Leigh's house with the radio playing. The drive to her house isn't that long but it's a pretty drive, especially since a lot of the flowers are blooming. I park my car outside and knocked on hers. She quickly answered and gave me a hug before going back inside. The other girls were already there chatting at the kitchen table.

"Here you go my loves," I said handing Leigh and Jesy each a coffee. They graciously accepted them and I handed Jade a tea. "Don't worry, it's decaf," I said smiling. "Thank you," she said giving me a grin.

We chatted for a little until the bus came. We all walked hand-in-hand out to the bus and hopped on. Our bus driver turned the radio all the way up and we all danced in our seats. For a moment, everything felt like it was in place and all my problems disappeared. That was until we pulled up in front of the venue and Jed was outside waiting for us.

"I thought you weren't coming until later," Jade said excitedly as she got off the bus. She ran over to him and gave him a kiss on the lips. "I was going to, but I missed you," he said. Jade smiled and gave him a hug. I got off the bus and quickly went over to walk next to Jesy, hoping it would distract me from what was going on. Jesy got the hint and grabbed my hand and we walked into the building.

Our soundcheck went pretty well, we were in and out pretty quickly. Jed had gone out to pick us up some food. He may be dating Jade, but he is a really good guy. Us girls somehow started watching old interviews of us. "Oh my god, I miss that interview!" Leigh said pointing to the screen. An old video of us started playing most likely too came on. "Same, I love when we play that game," Jesy said.

One of the questions was who was most likely to buy clothes they never wear and we had answered me. "Well, I have gotten a lot better if I do say so myself," I defended. "You have," Jesy said agreeing. Another question asked who was most likely to have a baby first and we had said Leigh-Anne. All of us looked at Jade who blushed and placed her hand on her stomach. "Guess we were wrong about that one," she said and we laughed.

Jed arrived with our food and placed it down on one of the tables. "Okay, we have nachos for Leigh-Anne, chicken for Perrie, fish and chips for Jesy, and fish tacos for Jade," Jed said, handing out all of the food. "Fish tacos Jade? I thought you didn't like fish," I said to Jade after hearing her order. "I don't, but the baby does," she said laughing. Jed grabbed his food and sat down next to Jade with his arm around her. I looked down quickly and focused my attention down to my food. Leigh noticed and sat over next to me, talking about some movie she had watched last night.

A little while later we got glammed up and stage ready. We were finishing our warmups when the stage manager came back to get us. "Are you ready girls?" he asked. We all said "yes," and headed backstage. We could hear the crowd chanting "Little Mix" and it put a smile on our faces. We slowly entered the stage and the crowd went wild. The music started and playing and I could now see the entire audience. It was a pretty big turnout, the crowd was full. My verse for "Power" came and we started dancing. We had toned back the choreography a little bit for Jade even though she insisted on keeping it, she was overruled by basically everyone.

We finished "Power" and sang "Woman Like Me, No More Sad Songs, and Shout Out to My Ex" when we got to "Secret Love Song." The music slowed and Jade began singing her verse. When Jade finished and Jesy started I looked over to Jade. Normally during that song we look at each other and joke around, whether it was really  joke or not, but she was so concentrated on something. I look into the audience to see what she was looking at and saw Jed in the audience smiling at her. I looked back over at Jade and frown slightly at her expression. The way she looked at him was unbelievable. It looked like she was in awe. Feeling a little down, I turned my head back to the fans and waved at a few before singing my bit.

When our show finished, we went back into the dressing room and a group picture and posted it to Instagram. Suddenly loads of comments appeared being so sweet and kind. Even when I feel like this our fans always lift my spirits. "Are you all ready to party at my house?" Leigh asked with a smile. "Yeah!" we all shouted. "Okay, lets go," she said laughing.

We all climbed back onto the bus and took our seats. I sat next to Leigh while Jesy sat next to Jade and Jed, who sat in the corner. The radio was turned up again and we were all dancing and singing. Suddenly there was a loud crash and everything went black.