chapter six

Perrie's POV:

I groan, trying to fall back asleep. My mind feels like it's going to explode from trying to cram too much into it. I keep waking up and I can't seem to fall back asleep. Jade just will not get out of my mind. I wish I didn't have these feelings and it was back to how it used to be. But I know that it will never be the same when it's just the two of us. I can't seem to act normally around her. She'd be blind not to notice. I still can't believe I told Jesy and Leigh about it. I'm still trying to figure everything out myself.

Eventually I fell into a deep sleep and I awoke to the bright light shining through my window. I checked the time 9AM, and went on Instagram. I saw Jade had posted on her story and tapped on it. It was a picture of her and Jed together at dinner from last night. I frown at the picture. Jed had come home yesterday and won't be gone for about 3-4 months. It's killing me to pretend to be happy for them. I'm really trying but I just can't.

I remove the blanket on top of me and get up. I shiver at the cold tile under my feet. I walk over to my closet and look for something to wear. I decide to be bold today and go for something that wasn't my usual sweats. We didn't have rehearsal or any shows today but the girls and I were going to hang out at Jade's apartment tonight, so I wanted to look as good as possible. I picked out a black overall dress and a white turtle neck. I put on some black boots and curled my hair. I went for a more natural makeup look since I wanted my face to rest a little from the amount we normally have to wear for shows.

I had a while before I had to be at Jade's house, so I decided to have a little self care day. I went to the nail salon and got my nails touched up. I grabbed some food and went shopping.

By the time I was done, I was supposed to have been at Jade's apartment 30 minutes ago. I curse under my breath and start the car. I drive over to Jade's building and run out. I go to her floor and knock on the door. She answers and gives me a hug when she sees me. She looked so cute it brought butterflies to my stomach. She had on an apron and a knit sweater with some jeans.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I was out all day and lost track of time," I apologized. "Ooh, where did you go?" Jesy asks from the couch. "I got my nails done and went shopping. Retail therapy helps," I laugh. "Do you want some food?" Jade asks, motioning to the counter. There was tons of food she had made. Deserts and different snacks. "Did you make all of this for us?" I ask, a little surprised. "Yeah, I kind of got carried away," she said laughing.

I grabbed a cookie and some snacks before joining them on the couch. "So, what have you girls been talking about?" I ask sitting next to Jesy. "Not a lot. Ideas mainly for new music," Leigh says. "What have you been thinking?" I ask, taking a bite of my cookie. "We want to collaborate with Ariana this year and maybe do some more shows in American considering our fan base is growing there," Jesy says. "Yes to both of those," I agree. "We'll have to see what management says," Jade says almost rolling her eyes.

We talked some more about music then just kind of gossiped about other celebs. It was when Jed walked through the door that the mood kind of changed. Jesy and Leigh looked over at me when Jade got up to greet him. I looked down at my hands and messed with them.

"Girls, I well we have a surprise for you," she said. We looked at each other confused and got up to follow her. They lead us into the kitchen. "Okay, all of you sit down at the table please," she said smiling. Jade went to the fridge to get something. "Close your eyes," she said. I did as I was told and heard something being placed down in front of us.

"Okay, open them," she said. I opened my eyes and looked in front of me. There was a platter with a cake on it that had something written in icing. I looked closely and it said "Aunties." I looked at it, trying to process what it said. "Are you?" Leigh asked, trying to hold back excitement. Jade nods her head. "I'm pregnant," she says with a nervous smile. "Oh my god!" Leigh shouted and got up to give Jade a hug. Jesy joins them with a huge smile on her face. I sat there shocked. "Pez, you good?" Jesy mouthed to me. I nodded and snapped back into reality.

I got up and gave Jade a big hug, which seemed to ease her a little. "Congratulations babe," I said sweetly. "Thanks," she said. I went over to Jed and congratulated him and gave him a hug. So you girls aren't mad?" she asked. "Why would we be mad?" I ask confused. I was upset because that meant her and Jed would be together basically forever, meaning I had no chance, but I would never be mad at her for starting a family. "I don't know. It just isn't what we planned for our future with the group," she said. "Babe, this is more important than any of that. Take your time, we'll do whatever you're comfortable with and if we have to change stuff, so what? The fans will understand," Jesy said comforting. Jade nodded and pulled us into a group hug.

Once everything kind of calmed down a bit, Jed took his piece of cake into a different room so us girls could talk. "How long have you known?" Jesy asked, eating her piece of cake. "About a week," Jade said. "Why didn't you tell us right away?" Leigh asked. "I wanted to tell Jed in person first and wait until he got home so we could do it together," she smiled. "Aww," Leigh said. I picked at my cake, searching my mind for a question to ask to make it seem that I was as excited as the other girls. "Do you want a boy or girl?" I finally come up with. "I'm not sure. I don't really care honestly, either one is fine with me," she said. "How far along are you?" Jesy asked. "I don't know yet. We'll find out next week at our doctor's appointment but I'm going to say at least four weeks," she smiled.

Eventually all of us started to leave one-by-one. I was the last one to leave and after Jesy walked out the door, Jade pulled me aside. "So, you're sure you are okay with this?" Jade asked nervously. "Babe, of course. Why would you ask that?" I questioned. "You just didn't seem as happy as Leigh and Jess when I said it," she said, looking down. "No baba, I was just shocked that's all. As long as you're happy I'm happy," I said, pulling her into a hug. I wasn't lying when I said I wanted her happy, but I want her happy with me.