chapter twenty-two

Jade's POV:

All of our online orders started coming in over the course of the next two weeks. I'm now twenty weeks so I'm halfway through. It doesn't even feel that long though.

Our last item came in the mail this morning, so Perrie and I are finishing the nursery. Perrie moved all of her stuff over last week with the help of Leigh and Jesy, so it's official.

"What are you thinking about?" Perrie asked from across the room. She was putting together the lamp we had gotten. I didn't realize I was zoned out. I was standing by the window looking outside, rubbing my bump absentmindedly.

"It's just crazy," I said, looking towards Perrie. "There is going to be a baby in here and we're going to be parents. I don't know how to do that," I said a little stressed.

Perrie got up and quickly walked over to me, placing a reassuring hand on my back. "Baba, no one does. It's a learning experience, and we'll figure it out together," she said. I nodded and looked up at her. She kissed me on the lips and grabbed my hand. She led me over to where she was putting together the lamp. "Now help me with this because I'm confused," Perrie said laughing. I shook my head laughing and sat on the floor next to her.

Once we had finished building everything, Perrie shooed me out of the room. She wanted to finish it and surprise me. I thought it was really sweet so in return I decided I would make us a nice dinner.

I ended up making some lasagna with some garlic bread. I set it out on the table and got Perrie a glass of wine and water for myself. I even lit a candle on the table. I looked at it pleased when I heard my name being called.

"Jadey!" I walked down the hall and saw Perrie standing outside the nursery with the door closed. "It's done!" she said. I smiled as she placed her hands over my eyes. We walked in and she took her hands away. I rubbed them slightly and looked around.

It was the cutest thing ever. Little guitars hanging on the wall. Pictures of Jed and his band along with pictures of Little Mix on the walls. Even some song lyrics were in little frames.

"It's beautiful," I finally got out. "Do you like it?" she asked sweetly. "I love it," I said feeling my eyes well up with tears. "It's perfect." Perrie smiled widely and pulled me into a hug. "Thank you so much," I said. In response, Perrie kissed my forehead.

"I actually have a small surprise for you," I said. Perrie gave me a confused look. "What?" she asked. "I made us dinner. It's waiting on the table," I said. Perrie smiled. "You're giving me a baby and food. A girl after my own heart," she said. I laughed and we walked into the kitchen area.

We ate our meal and started to put the dishes and leftovers away. I was putting the dishes in the dishwasher and Perrie was putting the food in the fridge. "I was online shopping a few days ago and it all came in today," she said. "Oh no, what did you get," I said. "Hey, I don't have that much of a problem," she said. I gave her a look and she continued. "That's not the point. I got a few things for you," she said. "Really? Like what?" I asked. "Some cute maternity clothes," she said. "What's wrong with the clothes I have now?" I asked. "They don't fit you," Perrie said pointing to my shirt which comes up over my bump. "Good point, thank you," I said laughing.

She went into the bedroom we now shared and came out with a bag. She handed me the bag and I looked inside. There were two shirts, two dresses, and a romper.

"I want a fashion show," Perrie said. "Okay," I said laughing. I went into the bedroom and put on the first outfit. I was already wearing maternity jeans I had bought. I put on the first shirt which was an off the shoulder, pink top.

I walked out and Perrie started clapping. "It's cute!" she said. "Do you like it?" I looked in the mirror and nodded. "Yeah, I do," I said.

I tried on the rest of the outfits. I loved every single one. "Thank you for getting these and finishing the room," I said. "I feel bad that you're doing all this stuff for me and I'm not doing anything in return."

Perrie looked at me with a confused look. "Babe, look down right now, can you see your feet?" she asked. I looked down confused. "Barely," I said. "You're pregnant. That's something I would probably never be able to do because I'm way too scared. But you're doing it and allowing me into your family. That's enough for the rest of your life," she said. I nod and look her in the eyes. She pulls me into a hug and spend the rest of the night cuddled up on the couch.