chapter twenty-seven

Jade's POV:

"Girls!" I shouted from the bathroom. I heard the music quiet a little and heard footsteps behind the door. There was a knock before the door swung open.

Perrie saw the panic on my face and quickly ran over. "What's wrong?" she asked concerned. "My water broke," I said still panicked. Perrie's eyes widened and gave me a hug. I felt some of the tension leave my body and she rubbed my back before breaking away.

"It's okay babe," she said comforting me. She grabbed my hand and led me out of the bathroom and over to the bed. Jesy and Leigh gave us some worried looks when we came out. "Her water broke," Perrie said as I bent over on the bed, feeling another contraction hit.

I closed my eyes and felt a hand on my shoulder. Perrie whispered some comforting words to me. I heard Jesy and Leigh say something to the fans before ending the livestream. They were quick to join us on the other side of the bed.

"It's too early. I'm only eight months," I said once the contraction ended. "That's pretty normal babe," Leigh said holding my hand.

"Okay here's your hospital bag, shoes, and some extra goodies," Jesy said coming back into the room with loads of stuff. "Thanks Jes," I said going to put my shoes on. "Anytime," she said, worry still laced in her eyes.

"You ready?" Perrie asked me. I nodded and she smiled. "Let's go have a baby," she said. I smiled and we walked out of the building. We all got into Leigh's car and began driving to the hospital.

"Oww." I said squeezing Perrie's hand as another contraction started. Perrie rubbed my back and Jesy turned around from the passenger seat, giving me sympathetic looks. "Breathe," Perrie said gently. I nodded and followed her breathing. Slowly the contraction started to end.

"Oh my god, that hurt so bad," I said, regaining my breathing. I could feel the tears welling. I wasn't sure if it was of fear or pain but just so many different emotions at once.

Perrie saw my watery eyes. "Shh, it's okay babe," she said pulling me into her. We sat with my head leaning on her shoulder for the remainder of the car ride.

When we finally reached the hospital, Leigh offered to drop us while we parked but I insisted on us staying together.

We drove into the parking lot and found a spot rather quickly. Perrie got out of the car and helped me out.

"You ready to walk?" she asked after closing the car door. "Two seconds," I said closing my eyes. Perrie grabbed me and allowed me to lean into her as the contraction started.

"Ahh," I mumbled softly. Perrie started to rock both of us slowly. I felt Jesy and Leigh rubbing my back and shoulders.

The pain lifted a bit and I broke away from Perrie. She smiled and grabbed my hand. "Thanks guys," I said. Leigh smiles at me and took my other hand. We began to walk over to the hospital.

We got checked in quickly and brought back to a room. I laid on the bed with Perrie while Leigh and Jesy went to find food and bring our bag in from the car.

A doctor entered room and came over to look me over. "Okay, you're not very progressed. I'm going to have you sit and bounce on this ball to help speed things up. Just a warning, it could be a long night," he said. I nodded and started to get up and walk over to the ball.

The doctor left, leaving Perrie and me in the room alone. "Jade, you okay?" Perrie asked after I sat on the ball. She scooted the end of the bed so she was closer to me. "You've been really quiet since your water broke. I obviously know you're in pain and stuff, I just want to make sure you're mentally okay," Perrie said, concern plastered on her face.

I nodded my head slowly. "Yeah, I'm just scared," I said, tears brimming my eyes. Perrie gave me a sad look and gave me a tight hug. "I'm so scared Pez," I got out with my voice cracking at the end. The tears were now free falling. Perrie held onto me even tighter.

"Oww," I said quietly. Perrie quickly pulled away. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?" she asked. "No, just a contraction," I barely got out. I felt my face scrunch up and squeezed Perrie's hand. I took in a few deep breaths as it ended.

Jesy and Leigh came back with a bunch of stuff. Perrie called both of our families and Jed's family.

"Are you excited?" Jesy asked. You're going to have a child soon," Jesy said, excitement evident in her face. I placed my hands on my stomach and stroked it softly. "Yeah, I'm really excited," I smiled. "I just have no idea what I'm doing," I admitted. "No parent does. It's all a learning experience. You and Pez are going to be amazing, trust me," Leigh said. Perrie and I looked to each other and smiled. We connected our lips and she squeezed my hand.

It was now late at night. Jesy and Leigh we're asleep on the couch in the room. Perrie and I were cuddled up on the bed. I was now a little over halfway ready, so things will be getting hectic pretty soon.

"Do you miss him?" Perrie asked, breaking the silence between us. Her question startled me. One I didn't know she was awake and two, she basically read my mind.

"Yeah, a little," I said with a guilty face. "Babe, don't feel bad. He's the father of your child. Sure, I'll be his parent too, but never by blood. That's Jed," she said sweetly. I nodded and wiped away a few fallen tears. She cuddled into me even closer. "I love you so much," she said. "I love you too," I said.