chapter twenty-three

Perrie's POV:

It's been a few months since our break started. Jade was now six months pregnant. We were finally going back to work today. Doing interviews, performances, and just general promo.

We had been in the studio the past two months recording and writing. Our album was going to be released in a month. We released our new single last night and we're promoting it for the first time today.

The song was more of a slow ballad. We didn't want to promote an upbeat song that would be loaded with choreo since Jade wouldn't be able to do it. So, we decided that releasing this song would be good and then release the other singles after Jade had the baby.

"You ready to go babe?" I ask, peaking my head into the bathroom where Jade is applying her makeup. I smiled watching her. She had one of the rompers I bought her on that framed her bump perfectly. Her hair was wavy and her makeup was flawless. "Yeah, let me just grab my shoes," she said walking out and over to her closet. She chose a pair of sandals and dropped the on the floor to slide them on. I walked over and allowed her to hold onto me as she put her feet into them.

We drove to the studio and saw Jesy and Leigh's cars already there. "Some people are early today," I said laughing. We got out of the car and walked inside. The other two girls greeted us with a hug. "Hey lovebirds," Jesy said smiling. Jade and I shook our heads and smiled.

"How are you?" Jesy asked, walking with me to put my bag down. "Amazing," I said. Jesy gave me smile and rubbed my bump. "You excited?" she asked. "Very," I said.

Perrie and Leigh had caught up to us. We each got our makeup and hair touched up on before leaving. We all walked outside to get into the car. For the first time I wasn't pushed to the back. The girls let me in first and Perrie climbed in next to me.

We headed to the radio station to do an interview and promo. We all got out and greeted everyone. The interview went well. We talked a lot about our new music and what's in store for next year.

Our second destination was a studio a few miles away. We were doing another type of interview, which also went well. We talked a bit about our writing and break. We also played a game of never have I ever after.

Our final stop was a performance. It was a stripped back one, so I didn't have to worry about heavy choreography. We all got ready and then walked out on the stage. I love doing the intimate performances because you can see each and everyone of the fans.

We started off by singing "Black Magic" acoustic. Then eventually moving onto "Woman Like Me," "Bounce Back, " and "Secret Love Song." During "Secret Love Song" I got really emotional. Luckily, it wasn't anything new for me to tear up during the song, so no one questioned when I stopped singing to compose myself and Perrie gave me a quick hug. The fans were quick to sing back. Their voices grew loud and cheered as I attempted to sing again.

Once we got off the stage, Perrie pulled me into a long hug. "You okay?" she asked. I nodded, feeling the tears fall again. "Aw, it's okay," she said, rubbing my back and giving me a kiss on the cheek. Leigh and Jesy saw me upset and quickly came over to join Perrie and I's hug.

"I love you girls," I said.