chapter fifteen

Perrie's POV:

I woke up the next morning on the couch. I look around a little confused and remember me and Jade falling asleep on the couch. I look over to the other end of the couch where Jade was asleep curled up into the blanket around her. I smile and carefully grab another blanket and lay it on top of her.

I get up in a good mood. I still can't believe what happened yesterday. It still hasn't hit me. I walk into her kitchen smiling and grab some cooking ingredients. I made us some pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I turn on the kettle and open the cabinet for two mugs. I stared at the two Disney ones Jed had given her. My heart laced with sadness as I grabbed the two mugs next to them and closed the cabinet.

I set up the table with the food and our cups of tea before walking back into the living room. I peaked my head in and saw Jade awake. She smiled when she saw me.

"Morning baba, how'd you sleep?" I ask. "Alright, the couch isn't really the best place for a pregnant person," she said laughing. I laughed and walked over to her. "I made us breakfast," I said sweetly. "You did?" she asked. "Yeah, it's all set up on the table," I smiled. "Thank you," she said getting up off the couch.

I grab her hand and we walk into her dining area. "Aww, this is so cute," she said motioning to the little face I had made out of her food. I laughed at her. She may be an adult, so she can be like a child sometimes. I pulled out her chair for her and she sat down. I kissed the top of her head and saw her blush slightly. I sat down in my seat and we began eating.

Once we finished, Jade insisted on doing the dishes and told me to relax. It's hard relaxing knowing everything that's going on with her though. I just want to hold her and tell her everything is going to be okay, but I know that will only bring her so much comfort.

Jade came back into the living once she was done with the dishes. "Hey, Leigh and Jesy want to know if they can come over?" she asks while walking over to the couch. "Of course, but it's your place," I said laughing. She sits down next to me and I put my arm around her. "I know but I wanted to make sure you were okay with it," she said smiling.

We both made eye contact and smiled. Slowly but surely, we inched closer until our lips touched. I pulled away and saw her smiling. I grinned and she put her head onto my lap. I rubbed her back and ran my fingers through her hair.

We sat there for a while in a comfortable silence. Jade was dozing off and I was watching the city from the window. I didn't realize how long we were sitting like that until I saw a text from Jesy on Jade's phone that her and Leigh were on the way.

As much as it hurt to wake her up, I softly rubbed her arm. "Hey baba, Leigh and Jesy are almost here so we have to get changed now," I said softly. Jade sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. I smiled at her and we got up off the couch.

We both changed in our bedrooms. I opted for a white off-the-shoulder shirt with some jeans. I left my hair wavy and put on a little makeup. I walked out of the room and saw Jade already out. She was wearing a romper that was tight so it fit around her tiny bump perfectly. She left her hair curly and put on some light makeup.

Her bump isn't enough to send red flags, especially considering all Jade wears out of the house is baggy clothes and we don't start working again for a little while so by the time we do, she'll probably have announced it already. But if you're looking for it, it's definitely visible.

"Aw, you look cute," I said making her smile. "Thanks, I could say the same about you," she said making butterflies appear in my stomach. Right then the door knocked and Jade ran over quickly to grab it.

Leigh and Jesy greeted both of us with a big hug and we ended up sitting on the couch. "So Leigh, how was Jamaica?" I asked. Even though we had seen each other since they've been back, most of our attention was focused on Jade so we didn't have a chance to catch up. "It was beautiful," she gushed. "I really want to get a house there so I can go whenever I want," she said. "Did Andre like it?" Jade asked. "Yeah, he loved it. And my family was so sweet to him so he definitely wants to go back," she said. "Aw, that's good," Jesy said.

"Wait Perrie, have you been living here?" Jesy asked, motioning to my open bedroom door. A pile of my stuff was on the bed pretty visible to where we were sitting. "Pretty much," I said nodding. "I told her she could go home," Jade said with a guilty tone. "But aren't you happy I didn't?" I asked with a smile. "Yeah, I am," she said, making eye contact before nervously looking away.

"Okay, what was that?" Leigh asked. "What do you mean?" she asked nervously. "Between you and Pez?" she continued. I looked over to Jesy, who had a big grin on her face. I could tell she caught on. "Did you tell her?" Jesy mouthed to me. I nod, going red a little. Leigh must've seen that interaction because she started cheering. "Yay! Jerrie is real!" she shouted jumping off of the couch.

Jade and I both were pretty red. Jesy had stood up with her and walked over to us. Jade and I stood up and accepted the hug Jesy had given both of us. "I'm happy for you two," she said in almost a whisper tone. We all broke away and me and Jade gave each other a nervous smile. "We're taking it slow okay," I said with Jade nodding. "Jade has a lot on her plate, so I don't want to push her into anything without her being okay with it first," I said. Jade turned to me and cuddled into me. I put my arm around her and Jesy and Leigh awed. "You guys are seriously adorable," Jesy said. I blushed and saw Jade was too.

We only sat there for a minute or two before Jade shot up and ran into her bathroom. The three of us looked at each other concerned. I got up and walked into her bedroom with Leigh and Jess following. I heard the toilet flush and I knocked on the door.

"You okay baba?" I asked. The door opened and a pale Jade appeared. "Yeah just the morning sickness," she said. I gave her a side hug and then kissed the top of her head. "Hey, you're causing your mam trouble," I said bending down to her stomach.

Jade laughed slightly and placed her hand on her slightly swollen stomach. "Oh my god, I didn't even see that," Leigh exclaimed. She put her hands over her mouth and walked over closer. "Can I?" she asked, pointing to Jade's stomach. "Of course," she said and Leigh rubbed her belly. "That's amazing babe," Jesy said, giving her a small hug.

I moved my eyes from Jade's stomach to her face. She had tears streaming down it. "Aw, you alright?" I asked, wiping away a few tears. "Jed would've been so happy," she said, which made her cry even more. "Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," she said, immediately regretting her words. "No, it's okay babe. I completely understand. Talk about him as much as you want," I reassured her. She nodded but didn't speak. Leigh was wiping her tears and Jesy had grabbed her hand, rubbing it.

"Thank you girls, for everything," she said with a small smile.