chapter four

Perrie's POV:

I might have broken up with Alex less than two weeks ago. But, I'm honestly feeling better than I thought under the circumstances. I'm no longer sad all the time and seeing other couples doesn't hurt as much anymore. But, still seeing Jade and Jed together feels like a dagger in my heart. It feels selfish of me to not want her happy, because I do. But if she's with Jed, than we can't be. It still, goes so much deeper than that.

I shake my head at my thoughts and sit up in bed. I must've fallen asleep while on my phone for a few minutes. I look at my messages and see some from Leigh and Jesy. "We're coming over," is all the messages said. I stare at the messages confused and stand up. I walk out to my living room and lay on the couch. I grab a fuzzy blanket and wrap it around me. After being snuggled in my couch, the door knocks and than opens slowly.

"Hey," Leigh says, before coming all the way with Jesy following her. They shut the door and walked over. "Okay Pez, we didn't come here to hang out, we need to talk to you," Jesy said. "Okay, what's up?" I ask, sitting up a little straighter. "What's been going on with you?" Jesy starts. "A lot, can you be more specific Jess?" I ask. "Okay, good point. Let's start with Alex. How are you about that?" she asks gently. "I'm good, honestly. I'm getting over him slowly but surely. Couples don't upset me anymore and i'm better off without him," I say, plastering a smile. "Okay, than what was that with you and Jade?" Leigh adds. "What was what?" I ask genuinely confused. "You didn't seem happy when Jade would talk about Jed," she says. I hesitate a little. "Listen, I don't really know what's going on. I want her to be happy, but whenever I see her with him, I get this almost jealous feeling," I say honestly.

"You know Jade will always put us before him and never ditch us," Jesy says. "No, I know, it's not that type of jealously, it's" I say before Leigh in adds in. "It's like love," she says, realizing what I meant. "Yeah," I said, looking down at my hands. No one spoke for a solid minute. I finally look up and see Jesy with a shocked expression. Leigh had figured it out before her, but was still processing, and honestly so was I.

"Well, if you do like her. Are you going to tell her?" Jesy asks. "Of course not. I'm not messing things up now," I said. "Well, Jades starting to notice somethings up, so start hiding it a little better," Jesy says. "Well neither of you figured it out," I said defending myself. "Yes, but Jade's really observant and smart. She can tell when somethings off," Leigh said. I nod my head agreeing.

There was another silence in the room. "Girls," I finally say breaking the silence. "Yeah?" Leigh said. "You're not mad at me are you?" I ask nervously. "Of course we aren't," Jesy says. "We've been shipping Jerrie for years. We're just a little shocked that's all," Leigh says, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I nod and accept Leigh and Jesy's arms that were held out for me.

Leigh and Jesy left after a little while so they could get ready for out rehearsal we had tonight. I had typed up over 50 drafts of different ways to talk to Jade. I of course was going to tell her in person, but I needed something to text her to let her know I needed to speak to her. I didn't want to freak her out though because that was the last thing I needed in this situation. I came up with a simple "Hey, can we maybe hang out after rehearsal tonight? I want to talk to you about some stuff xx," I texted her. I decided to keep it very nonchalant and laid back. She soon replied with "Sure xx." I sighed a little bit in relief when that's all she said. I didn't need any questions before then.

I walked up into my room and looked through my drawers to find something to wear. I settled on a t-shirt from the Salute tour and some Adidas pants. I laced up my Nike's and pulled my hair up into a high ponytail. Realizing I didn't eat dinner, I went back downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar and some water. I honestly wasn't very hungry, my stomach was in knots because I'm so nervous for tonight.

I gulp down the granola bar and grab the bottle of water before leaving my house. I drove over to the studio and pulled into the parking space I do every time. I saw Jade's and Leigh's cars were already here. I walk into the studio and place my stuff down at the den area. Leigh and Jade were sitting on one of the couches chatting. I could see Jade looked a little upset. "What's wrong babe?" I asked her while placing my bag down. "Oh it's nothing. Jed just left to go back to America tonight so I'm having a little pity party," she said. "Come here," I said, holing my arms out. She accepted them, despite being a little confused at first. I decided too play it off. I honestly don't know how they do it though. Luckily Alex and I only were separated for at the very most a week apart. Being apart for three months when only seeing each for a few days in between must be awful.

After we broke away, Jesy came through the doors. Leigh followed her over to the den to ask her something. Jade took that time to pull me aside. "Hey, what did you need to take about later?" she asked. "Oh, just some stuff with Alex I need to get off my chest," I lie. I couldn't tell her now. She had way too much stuff going on, I can't pile that on top as well. She nodded and responded. "Of course," she said, giving my arm a squeeze. I'll tell her eventually just later on. Much, later on.