chapter twelve

Perrie's POV:

It's been close to three weeks since Jed had passed. I'm pretty much living with Jade, since she doesn't like to be alone so I offered to stay with her for a while. I moved into the spare bedroom once Norma left about a week after Jade got discharged. Jade has been grieving but in her own way. She's mostly just silent and reserved during the day, it's at night when she's alone in her room I can hear her crying. I have to fight back everything in me to not go in there and comfort her, but it's better for her to just cry it out than to bottle up all her emotions, especially considering she has to take care of the baby too.

This particular morning, I woke up somewhat early and decided to make breakfast for us. I quietly snuck out of my room and headed over into the kitchen. I started the kettle and made some eggs for us. Once everything was done and presented nicely on the table, Walked down the hall over to her room.

I knock gently on the door and peaked my head in. Jade was all curled up in the covers fast asleep. She looked so sweet so it broke my heart having to wake her up, but I couldn't let her sleep all day. I softly walked over to the side of her bed and rubbed her arm gently. "Jadey," I said sweetly. She started to open her eyes a bit groggily. She smiled once she woke up more and saw me. "I made us breakfast, do you want some?" I asked quietly. She nodded and removed the blanket from her.

We walked out to the table and sat down. "Pez, you did this?" she asked a little shocked. "Yeah, I was feeling particularly motivated this morning," I said with a smile. "Thank you," she said before starting to eat.

Once we were finished I took the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Jade was doing something on her computer so I walked over to the couch and looked at the screen. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Planning Jed's funeral," she said sadly. I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. She had been putting off the funeral for weeks now, but finally decided to finalize everything. "When is it going to be?" I ask. "This weekend," she said messing with her nails. I nod and give her a little side hug. It was Monday, so I had a little under a week to help get Jade mentally prepared, which probably isn't going to happen.

A few hours later Jade and I sat on the couch curled up. My heart was beating out of my chest when she chose to sit next to me and share the blanket. We had movies playing on the tv but Jade was in and out of sleep. I could tell she was mentally exhausted from Jed's funeral planning, so I let her fall asleep on me.

I sat on my phone for a while, scrolling through social media. The word had gotten out about Jed, luckily the fans were so supportive and nice by commenting sweet things and letting us take our time to get back to our normal lives.

The media had found out about all of our conditions but somehow Jade's pregnancy isn't out yet. She'll be able to announce it publicly on her own when she's ready.

Jade began to stir in her sleep. I place my hand on her back and rub it softly. I saw her eyes open but she didn't move from her spot. "You awake baba?" I ask sweetly. "Yeah," she said in a broken voice. "Babe, what's wrong?" I ask as she sits up. "Oh, it's nothing," she said, holding back the tears. "Jade, spill," I said gently. "I just had a dream about Jed but it's nothing," she said. "Okay, but if you want need to talk, please do," I said, deciding to give her space. I know the best way Jade deals with her problems is giving her space, so that's what I'm going to do until she's ready.

"Do you want lunch?" I ask her. "No," she shook her head. "You need to eat something," I said softly. "You have a baby to care for now." She smiled at that comment and rubbed her stomach. That's the only time I ever see Jade smile is when I talk about the baby.

"Can we order something?" she asks. "Sure, what do you want?" I ask. "Uh, is Chinese okay?" she asked sweetly. "Of course, i'll go make the call," I said. "Okay, thank you. I'm going to go take a quick shower," she said, getting up and going into her room. I nod and start dialing the restaurant's number into my phone.

I had ordered the food and was watching Netflix when I heard the water in the bathroom stop. "Perrie?" Jade called softly. "Yeah babe?" I call back, slightly confused. "Can you come here?" she asked sweetly. "Yeah," I said, getting up and walking toward her room. Once I was in Jade's room, I walked through her open bathroom door. Jade was standing in front of her full length mirror wearing some joggers and a fitted shirt. "What do you need babes?" I ask once I finally reach her. "Look," she said, removing her arms that were covering her stomach. I look at the mirror and see a slight bump on her stomach. My eyes went wide when I saw it. "Aww," I gushed. She blushed softly and placed her hands on her barely visible bump. I walked over and gave her a big hug. "I love you babe," I said. "Love you too," she said which made my heart beat fast. "Now," I said once we broke apart. "Let's go eat some food," I said, leading her out to the dining room.