chapter seventeen

Jade's POV:

Perrie and I have been "a thing" for a few weeks now. We haven't told anyone. When I say anyone I literally mean anyone. Not Jesy, not Leigh, or our families. We wanted to see how everything went first before we did. Overall, I think everything's really good.

I have my first ultrasound today. Well, I guess my first official one because I don't really count the hospital one. I'm honestly really nervous. This baby is one of the things that keeps me going, so I don't know what I would do if something was wrong.

I shake my head trying to forget all the thoughts i've put in there. I walk over to my closet and pick out an outfit. I grab a t-shirt and some jeans and laid them out on my bed. I put on my jeans, that barely went on, and threw on the t-shirt and walked over to the mirror.

My shirt was kind of fitted, so you could see my bump pretty clearly. I was roughly sixteen weeks now, so it's getting harder to hide it. If this appointment goes well though, i'll probably announce it at the end of the week.

Perrie knocked softly on my door before opening it and peaking in. "Hi babe, you ready?" she asked sweetly. I nod, still standing in front of the mirror. She walks in and stands next to me, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I placed my hands over my small bump and smiled when I looked in the mirror. Perrie put her arm around me and put her hand next to mine on my bump. "I can't wait to meet Peanut," she said. "Me too," I smiled. "Let's go," she said grabbing my hand.

"Wait," I said, running over to grab one of my infamous hoodies. I tossed it on and grabbed Perrie's hand. "The paps would go absolutely mad to get a picture of that," I said pointing to my bump.

We drove to the doctor's office, listening to the radio and singing to the songs. Once we arrived, we walked inside and checked-in. I finished all the paperwork and sat down next to Perrie in one of the waiting room chairs.

I looked around the lobby area. There were a few people here. Me probably being the youngest one. There was a couple who looked maybe six or seven months along who were talking about baby names. Another family was sat on the other side of the room with a woman who looked around five months and had a kid who was probably two or three screaming at the top of its lungs.

"I can't wait for that," I said a little worried. "Don't worry, Peanut's already an angel. I'm sure that won't change," Perrie said comforting. I nod and pay my attention on the last person in the room.

She was by herself and was close to eight months reading a book. I shuddered at the thought of doing this alone. I'm so grateful to have Perrie by my side for every step of the way.

"Jade Thirlwall?" I heard someone call out, breaking my stare. I stand up and walk over to the hallway with Perrie following closely behind. She takes us back into a room and does all the basics. Height, weight, blood pressure etc. Everything seemed to be normal, so she left us in the room while we waited for the doctor.

"Wow, that's insane," I heard Perrie say from the chair next to me. "What?" I ask confused. "You're having a baby," she says with shock in her eyes. "Are you just now realizing that?" I ask laughing. "No, I guess it just really hit me being in this room," she said. The room did have a lot of pictures all over the walls.

Most of them being different tips on being comfortable and healthy during pregnancy. Some with being about money. One that stuck out to me though was where it told you how big the baby was per week.

"That poster says the baby is the size of an avocado," I say laughing. "Aw, that's so big already," Perrie says looking over at me. I nod, I can't even begin to imagine my stomach getting any bigger than it already is.

The doctor walked in shortly after and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Dr. Williams. I'll be seeing you for the remainder of you pregnancy," she said shaking both of our hands.

She began to get out all the equipment she would need. She then grabbed her clipboard and began asking questions.

"Are you having a problems sleeping at night?" She asked. "No, I sleep pretty well," I answered. "Any morning sickness?" she asks. I nod in response. "How much?" she asks. "It just comes and goes," I say. She nods and writes my response down.

"One more question, is the father here? I have in here you two sustained a few injuries from a bus crash but that's all that's written," she asks. I saw Perrie looking at me in the corner of my eye. "Yes, unfortunately he didn't make it," I answer sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry for your loss," she says sympathetically.

"I'm sorry but I have to ask this based on your answer. Are you sure you're keeping the baby? If you don't want to we have other options," she said sweetly. "I'm keeping the baby," I say confidently. I wish I could tell her about me and Perrie being together, but I know I can't. I looked over to Perrie, who was looking back at me with sympathy in her eyes.

"Okay, looks like we're all set with that. Are you ready to see your baby?" she asks. "More than anything," I smile. The doctor turns on the monitor and hooks everything up. She lifts my shirt gently and places the cool gel on my stomach.

She places the wand on my bump and moves it around slowly. She stops once a small figure is on the screen. "There's your baby," she said smiling.

I felt my lips move into a grin. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, they were fixed on the screen. "Would you like to know the gender?" she asked. "Already?" I asked a little surprised. "Yeah, we can start figuring it out around sixteen weeks," she said.

I thought for a second before answering. "Could you write it on a piece of paper?" I ask. "Of course," she said, grabbing a notebook before scribbling something and placing the paper in an envelope.

"There you go," the doctor said giving the envelope to Perrie, who placed it gently in her purse.

"I'm going to find the heartbeat now," the doctor said moving the wand around. Once a loud thud entered the room, I sighed in relief. "Everything looks healthy, i'll see you next month," she said before collecting her things and leaving the room.

I wiped off the remaining gel that was on my stomach and Perrie came and sat on the little bed. She looked into my eyes and started to wipe a few tears off my face. I hadn't even realized I was crying.

"You okay?" she asked. I shake my head slightly realizing what it was. "Jed?" she asked softly. I nod my head and felt the tears flow steadily.

"I'm sorry," I said, feeling guilty. I was crying to my girlfriend about my boyfriend. The whole situation made my head hurt. "Babe, don't apologize. He's your baby's father. You're allowed to be upset. I completely understand, don't feel bad or guilty. You can talk to me about him anytime you want," she said sweetly.

I looked up at her and nodded. We leaned in and our lips connected. We broke away and she wrapped her arms around me.