Chapter 2

"What the hell are you doing?" the man yelled at her.

"Stopping you from doing something stupid. Your life is precious no matter who you are or what you did," Youra replied as she literally sat on the man's stomach, trying to keep him to the ground if he tried to get to the rail again. He could easily push her off but she was not taking any chances.

"What?" the man asked, looking clearly baffled.

"I said your life is precious. Don't do it," she repeated.

"What makes you...." he paused as realization dawned to him. He laughed "I can assure you that I don't plan to do what you think I was going to do."

"I'm not taking any chances. I'm not going to make you top the icing on what already is the worst day of my life, by doing what I think you might be doing," she said, carefully avoiding the 'S' word.

"Please trust me, Miss. I'm not. And can you please get off me? You're cutting off my air circulation," he wheezed.

Youra was dumbfounded. Was it a mistake by assuming the person's intent? When she realized her compromising position on top of the man, she blushed to the root of her hair. She jumped and stood up when a car driver honked at them as he or she passed by.

"Can you help me up? I think I broke a bone somewhere when you pushed me to the ground," he groaned.

"OMG, I'm sorry," she apologized and helped him to stand. She couldn't make out his face without her glasses but she knew he was a good looking man. "Are you sure you don't plan to... you know..." she trailed off. It was awkward to say the least.

"Yes I am 100% not doing that," he reassured.

"Then why the heck did you climb the rail for?!" she shouted, her tone went high pitch mirroring her frustration for the day.

The man cringed. "I took a tissue out to blow my nose when the wind blew it off down the bridge. I was looking down trying to catch it. Until you tackled me to the ground," he explained.

"You climbed the rail because of that tissue paper?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes." He replied.

Youra huffed. It was a good thing that nothing bad happened but she was embarrassed. "Well then, I'm sorry for what I did, mister." She bowed apologetically before walking off.

"Wait," he held her hand before leaving. "From what I see, you're the one who needs help," he stated, clearly not wanting their encounter to end just yet.

"Doesn't everyone?" she replied drily.

"I'm actually walking for fresh air to clear up my head. Why don't you tell me what's going on today. Who knows I could be of a help," he offered.

Youra was about to reply something sarcastic before he cut her off. "That's the least you can do after what you put me through just now."

Youra sighed. She knew she need to walk home before it gets too late. Safety wise, she didn't know who the guy was. He could be a serial killer for all she knew. She squinted at her watch. It was useless since she couldn't tell the time without her glasses.

"I need to walk home," she said weakly.

"I have all night," he replied.

"I don't know you," she said.

"You don't?"

"Are you someone famous that I need to know who you are?" she asked. She squinted at him at the same time but she couldn't see that well. She would be able to recognize him if she was really near to his face. But that would be weird.

"Well, I don't want to sound conceited, but, you could say that," he answered humbly.

"I'm sorry but I broke my glasses earlier and I can't see that well at night."

"The more reason for you not to walk home alone at a time like this."