Chapter 4

Youra woke up feeling miserable.

She looked at the clock on the wall and it was still too early at 6 a.m. on a non-working Saturday morning. She had nothing planned for the day other than going to school to collect her purse and phone. She was glad she had some emergency fund stashed in her freezer.

She only had to melt the ice first.

She ran her hand through her long hair thinking about the encounter with Mr. Famous Guy the night before.

Correction.

He's not Mr Famous Guy. He's well-known as Mr Worldwide Handsome. Youra felt dreadful allmof a sudden. What if the paparazzi or his crazy fans knew about what happened? She knew moat of his fans would be sensible but there were some who were obsessed and crazed. They might start to camp out and come knocking on her door.

She knew Bangtan Sonyeondan.

BTS.

The biggest group in the world.

She did not know all the members nor each of their songs well enough to call herself a fan, but knowing the fan culture in Korea, she might as well look for a bunker just to be safe. She did use some of their songs as a learning material in class, but that was just about it. Some of her students were big fans and she did catch some of the member's name. She knew Jin's name because one of her students was always too excited to tell Youra about what her 'Seokjin Oppa' was up to without fail.

And she tackled the man to the ground with a force worthy of a football linebacker.

Scratch the bunker she thought.

She needed to have her identity and her face changed.

Youra was cooking rice and hangover soup when her doorbell rang. She wasn't drunk last night but she felt like she had a heck of a hangover when she woke up. It was too early for anyone to be at the door. She tied her hair and re-positioned her glasses. Good thing that she still kept her old glasses. It was not as clear as the broken one but it was usable. She groaned thinking that she need to get a new prescription glasses. She didn't want to keep on putting her contacts during her off day at home.

She was stunned yet again as she opened the door.

It was Mr. Famous Guy.
Mr. Worldwide Handsome.

Jin.

"Good morning," he greeted cheerfully. He had his mask and his cap on and since her vision was better now, she mentally kicked herself for not recognizing his face last night.

"Good morning," she replied, still rooted at the door.

"I know this is awkward, but can I come in?" he asked. "It's important," he continued.

Youra looked around him before letting him in. She was glad she already cleaned the remains of the broken fish bowl and her house last night when she couldn't go to sleep. If there was enough time, she would have made kimchi.

She had the habit of stress pickling.

Youra makes kimchi when she was stressed out and usually she shared it with her neighbours when she was done. She forced herself to go to bed after the clean-up.

"Have a seat," she gestured to the sofa in her living area.

Jin looked around the house, taking note of the books on the shelf and breathing in the smell of freshly cooked rice wafting through the house. His eye started to twitch and his stomach growled loud enough for Youra to hear.

"I'm cooking breakfast. Would you like to have some?" she asked. "It's not much but it's food," she continued when he just looked at her without answering. It was impolite to leave a guest hungry when they can smell what was cooking. She had made enough for them to share.

"I would love to," he said.

Youra served the food with some banchan (side dishes) she had on her small dining table and they ate in silence. It was a simple breakfast but it was hearty.

"That was delicious," praised Jin. He hadn't had any home cooked meal other than the one he cooked himself for a long time due to his busy schedule. It was nice not to eat take-outs once in a while.

"Thank you," said Youra as she cleared the table. She stopped him when he was about to wash the dishes. "You're my guest. Sit," said Youra, gesturing to the sofa.

"So, tell me the important thing that you said you need to tell me," Youra started as she dried her hands. She didn't have to change her name or face now, did she?

"Well, about last night..." Jin trailed off.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know you well enough. But can you please not tell anyone about what happened?"

"About what?"

"About what you think I was about to do. The press would have a field day if they know and take things out of context. It was funny last night but now that I thought about it and how they might twist the words out... well you know..."

Youra didn't know if she should feel relieved or offended.

Relieved because she didn't have to change her name nor face.

Offended because, she was not that crazy to tell everyone, even her best friend about what happened. She knew he didn't know her, but if he was thinking that she might tell other people about their encounter made her feel angry.

She was chummy with him last night but she's not a blabbermouth.

*********************************

Author's Note: Found out that the school days in S Korea consists of 6 days of school. It was until recently that they have 2 Saturdays in a month off.

This is what hangover soup looks like

It could be soup with beef broth, oxtail or a simple bean sprouts soup

It could be soup with beef broth, oxtail or a simple bean sprouts soup. It is called a hangover soup to chase the hangover away.