Chapter 44

22nd August 2017

Jin was at Youra's door as he entered her passkey code. She was tutoring at her student's house when he called. She gave him the code so he could get in without waiting for her. Jin was feeling sticky and grimy after the dance practice. He drove straight to her house without showering, thinking he could clean himself at Youra's place. His schedule was getting crazier and he didn't know when else to see her. The moment the manager said they were done for the night, he was gone.

Jin turned on the lights and went straight to the bathroom after he hung his jacket. He looked at the clock as he was done, slicking his wet hair back. His phone rang not long after.

"Hi oppa, are you inside now?" asked Youra as he picked the call.

"Which inside are you talking about?" he teased. Youra was silent. He knew well that she would be red to the roots of her hair at that moment because of his double meaning question. He laughed, sparing her from embarrassment, "Yes, I am IN your house now. Are you done with the tutoring?"

"I'm in the cab, on my way home," she replied. "I'm at the bridge now. Will be there shortly... My god. STOP THE CAR!!" Youra shouted suddenly.

To say Jin was shocked was an understatement, he felt like he lost a few years off his life when he heard her. "Youra? Youra baby what's wrong?" Jin called to her. Youra was not answering him but she was still on the phone.

"AHJUSSI! SOMEONE JUMPED!" Jin heard her say before hearing the car door opened. He heard her going outside and he guessed she went to the bridge rail. There were sounds of cars honking and people going to the rail asking questions. Some muffled voice were saying about calling the police.

Then, he could hear Youra.

"No..." Jin heard her voice crack.

He felt her heart shatter.

"Minji... no..."