Chapter 40

Summer holiday started and Youra was ready to throw the towel in.

Youra was at her dad's house helping with her parents' wedding preparation and it was driving her crazy. Her mom didn't want a big fuss for her second wedding. At first her dad was agreeing to everything that her mom planned, until he went through the idea himself. Too big she said, too small he said, too fancy she said, too mundane he said and it went on and on and on.

Youra was keeping herself calm, playing the mediator at first but it was driving her nuts.

Her parents were practically fighting over every little things. Her mother was planning for a simple and quiet wedding at home, but a wedding planner appeared, courtesy of her dad who wanted her mom to get all the help she needed. Quiet turned into lavish very quickly and that didn't sit well with her mom.

Her brother was keeping himself completely out of the picture by keeping himself busy at work, leaving her sister in law and herself to fend off the future bride and bridegroom.

She had formed a truce with her brother, with a subtle warning that she would not be quiet if he messed again. It seemed that her sister in law knew what had happened. She appeared calm but her eyes as a certain gleam of confidence that was not there before. It was quite scary when she whispered to Youra, saying that she knew what happened at the restaurant and thanked her for what she did.

Youra couldn't describe it that well but her sister in law seemed to grow a spine. She was more stern. She gave birth to Youra's nephew 3 months back and she was glowing and looked more beautiful. Yoosuk oppa would be out of his ever loving mind if he chose to have an affair again.

Youra ran out from the house after dinner for a breather when her phone rang. It was Jin.

"Oppa, I miss you so much," Youra started to whine.

"I miss you too, baby. How are you holding up?" asked Jin, knowing well what Youra was facing from the lengthy messages she sent him throughout the day. She was at her wits end.

"I feel like bailing out and go straight back home," she admitted.

"Poor baby. But you can't do that," Jin remarked.

"They would get me off the family register," Youra joked. "Oppa, you're still busy, right? You don't have to come for the wedding if you are," Youra said cheerfully. It was one thing to be caught by her parents by having a date on her birthday, it was another thing if he showed up for the wedding.

"Why do I feel like you don't want me to meet your family?" he asked.

"Oppa, it's a wedding. If it's just dinner I don't mind that much. The next thing you know, they will ask you when your turn is?" Youra answered drily.

"Oh," he said.

"Yes, that 'oh'."

"Actually, I want to tell you I still can't confirm my attendance for the wedding."

"Really?" Youra sounded happy.

"Baby, don't sound too cheerful. I miss you real bad and I don't know when I can see you again."

"You can always come over at my house for the night," Youra said seductively.

"You're at your dad's, not at your home," he reminded.

"Bummer. I forgot that."

"Just send me over the wedding venue location and I'll see if I could make it, even only for a short while."

"Okay I'll give you the address after this," Youra promised.

"I have to go now, I love you Youra."

"I love you too, oppa," Youra said and ended the call. She messaged him the wedding venue straight away before getting inside the house.

Her phone buzzed. Jin replied to her message instantly.

Jin: Baby you amazes me. Your personality amazes me.

Youra: What do you mean? Is it about me fending off my parents?

Jin: Is there something you're not telling me?

Youra: What?

Jin: Nevermind. Sweet dreams baby, dream of me, I love you.

Youra: I love you, dream of me too.

****************************************

Author's Note: Woke up to the pictures and videos shared on twitter about BTS Rockin Eve soundcheck. They look amazing 😍💜

Happy New Year everyone!