Chapter 47

4th December 2017 – 12.00 a.m.

Jin paused from playing his game in his room as he was sure the birthday mob made up of BTS would be coming into the room he shared with Yoongi with a birthday cake. True to his expectations, they came in singing birthday song as they always did with every member's birthday.

Jin smiled and looked at the candles on the cake. He frowned.

"Ya! You put extra candles!"

"You need to get your eyes checked again hyung. You're getting old," joked Jungkook, the youngest in the group.

"Old! You call me old! Hah! You're not going to be young forever!"

"But I'll still be younger than you," laughed Jungkook.

"Cut that out. I'm going to the studio after this," said Yoongi.

"Make a wish and blow the candles, Jin hyung," said Jimin who was holding the cake.

"Make a really good wish," joined in Taehyung.

Jin closed his eyes and blew the candles. Everyone cheered and took a fork each to eat the cake. Yoongi left after his big bite. He was on his music making streak and spent most of his time at his studio.

"Have Youra noona wished you yet?" asked Hoseok as he ate a strawberry.

Jin looked at his phone. She said she would be going home straight after her class. Youra managed to sign up for her Master's degree in September. He started earlier in March for his Master's at a cyber university right after he graduated from his degree. Youra returned to her alma mater in Seoul taking evening semesters. That meant, after work she went straight away to class. At her rate, she would probably graduate way before Jin would.

"She's probably at home now. I don't want to wake her up at this hour," he said, taking a big bite out of the cake.

"How is she holding up?" asked Namjoon, referring to Minji incident. Three months have passed but an event like that won't just go away without leaving scars.

"Outside she looks okay but when she gets too quiet, that is when I get worried. She's keeping herself really busy. Getting the acceptance letter after that was a blessing. But now she's working too damn hard to take care of herself." Last time he saw her, she lost some weight. She wasn't eating that well and he remembered walking in the middle of Sumi force feeding Youra during one of his visits to her place.

"Living alone at this time is not a good idea," said Jimin. "As cheesy as it sounds, I am glad I am still living with you guys. I don't think I could survive living alone with all the stress and pressure."

"Aww Jimin, I love you too," Hoseok hugged Jimin playfully. They were roommates in their house. They were going to move again next year to a bigger house, but they would still live together.

"That was what I told her. About living alone," said Jin.

"What did she say?" asked Taehyung curiously.

Jin was about to tell them her answer but kept his mouth shut. She told him, in her exact words - the next time she'd get a roommate was when she get married. End of discussion.

That shut him up real quick. The guys would have a field day if they knew.

"Did she say something risqué?" Taehyung guessed naughtily which earned him a smack on his head by Namjoon.

"Inappropriate, Tae," Namjoon admonished him.

"Sorry, hyung," Taehyung rubbed his head.

Jimin's phone rang and he excused himself from the table. "I gotta go out for a while," said Jimin not long after.