Chapter 28

Youra was washing off her hands when the doorbell rang. The sun just set and she was getting the kitchen ready for the cook out date that night. She dried off her hands and self-consciously checking herself out in the mirror near the door before opening it. She didn't wear any heavy make-up, she just wore lip gloss and her long hair was tied up in a ponytail.

She opened the door and smiled when she saw Jin with a bag of groceries and a cake box in his hands.

"Hi, come on in," she greeted.

"Good evening!" said Jin as he went into Youra's house.

Youra took the cake box and put it on the kitchen counter when Jin suddenly hugged her from behind. "I missed you," he said.

Youra turned and hugged him back after relieving himself from the other grocery bag.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time," he admitted.

Youra loosened her hold and looked at him questioningly. "Long time? What do you mean?"

"I think I started to like you since the bridge," he confessed.

"I knocked you down on the ground. How can you like me since then?"

"That's it. You swept me off my feet. Literally," he laughed. Youra slapped him playfully on his back and laughed.

"So, your turn. When do you start liking me? Is it because of my looks?" he asked. He sounded playful but Youra could detect a hint of vulnerability.

"No offense but your looks alone won't make me like you. I would run the opposite way not towards you."

"Why not?"

"Think Ted Bundy," replied Youra, "I have nightmares about Ted Bundy after seeing a documentary on him," Youra shuddered thinking about the famous handsome serial killer who shook the world in the 1970s.

"Er... Youra, I'm not Ted Bundy," Jin blinked.

"I know." She said and gave him a pat on his hand. "I think I like you when you start showing up on my door with food," she confessed. "But honestly, I don't know why you even like me when you can get just anyone more glamorous in the entertainment line."

"Anyone is not you. You're you. And you're wonderful and beautiful. And you make mean kimchi," he added.

"Okay, I get it. It's all about my kimchi then," Youra sighed and pouted.

"Don't do that," said Jin.

"Do what?" Youra blinked.

"Pout."

"Why not?" Youra pouted again and Jin kissed her on her lips. Youra's eyes widened before she returned the kiss.

"That's why," said Jin after he broke off the kiss. "You're blushing," Jin commented and Youra buried her face in his chest to hide her embarrassment.

Not long after they both heard Jin's stomach growling. They laughed.

"I haven't eaten since breakfast," Jin rubbed his stomach.

"Why did you do that? You can get sick," Youra said with concern.

"I was too busy that I forgot to eat."

"Come on let's start cooking," said Youra moving away from Jin and passing him an apron. She took an apple from the basket on the counter and passed it to Jin. "Eat this first. I don't want you to have an upset stomach while waiting for the budae jjigae to cook."

"Thanks," he said and took a bite from the apple.

They worked seamlessly in the kitchen, cutting the ingredients and cooking them on the portable stove that Youra took out to cook the dish. Before long, the stew was cooking in as they sat in front of each other with their plates and side dishes. The rice was long done and all they have to do was eat.

Youra put some sliced cheese as the final touch before they dug in.

"This is so worth it," said Jin as he took a sausage from the pan and ate.

"Is today's your cheat day?" Youra munched on the mushroom and cabbage.

"Definitely. I am getting sick of chicken breasts already," Jin took a bowl full of noodles and continued eating.

"You do know that this stew packs thousands of calories right? Not forgetting that the sodium is going to make your face puffy."

"Yes, I do and I don't care. I'm going to lose them off tomorrow anyway," he munched on the side dishes happily.

"You do meokbang video but weirdly all you told me you eat was chicken breasts," Youra pointed that out.

"That's different. Meokbang in front of the camera and the diet plan by the company are two different things altogether," said Jin. "Sometimes we eat all we want, sometimes we follow the meal plan."

"So, you were saying that you will be touring around the globe."

Jin put his bowl down and looked at Youra. "I'm not going to be around much after this. I would probably be up there in the worst boyfriend category for not being here all the time. We just got this relationship started but, can we give it a shot?"

"Give what a shot? We're already here now right?"

"I mean, it's going to be more or less like a long distance relationship. And I don't know how frequent I can get in touch with you," he started to fiddle on the table cloth next to his plate.

Youra put down her chopstick and took his hand. "We live in the era of technology. I think we can work things out. You can send me voice or video messages whenever you have time. We can Skype, face time, name it, it's there. We'll work it out," Youra reasoned. "So where are you going after this?"

"We have concerts around America and I'm not sure when we'll be back. The time difference would be difficult though," he explained.

"Don't worry about me. Just do your best, your fans will be depending on you for that. I'll be here when you come back. Promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Take care of yourself. Your work is hard as it is. Be healthy," said Youra earnestly.

"Do you want me to get you anything from there?" asked JIn.

"I just want you to return safely."

"I think my heart just burst," he said dramatically, holding his heart.

Youra laughed, slapping the hand she was holding. "I'm being honest here," she complained.

"I'm being honest too," he protested. "You really don't want me to get you anything?"

"No, I don't. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I have all I wanted here," she continued.

"Including me?" he asked.

"Including you. So just get back safely, okay?"

"I will," he answered and continued picking up his spoon to eat.

They continued on eating and chatting until late when Jin had to leave. He had a shoot the next day and couldn't be late.

"I'm going to miss you," he said as he was about to leave.

"I'm going to miss you too," she replied.

"I don't know when I will get to see you again," he said ad he hugged her tight.

"You'll see me when you see me. I'll see you when I see you," she hugged back.