Chapter 49

Fast forward.

2nd April 2018, Monday afternoon - After school class.

Youra was walking towards the class when she suddenly felt all eyes were on her as she passed the corridor.

She felt weird.

Students would usually mind their own business when teachers walked by but it seemed like she was the main attention that day.

April's fool was yesterday.

Did someone do a belated April's fool prank?

Did anyone post something behind her back?

Youra stopped, trying to look behind her and self consciously reached her back. No notes were there and she didn't remember anyone touching her back. Feeling confused, she went into the class and yet again every eyes were trained on her. It was not normal. She usually had to greet and shout to the class first before getting their attention.

It was disconcerting.

"Excuse me, are you guys planning to pull a prank on me because this is not funny," Youra announced.

Someone put their hand up.

"Yes, Yohan?"

"Miss Youra, are you dating Kim Seokjin of Bangtan Sonyeondan?"

Youra paled and all hell broke loose. How did they find out? The class became noisy and the kids crowded around Youra.

"Hold it!" she shouted. "Get back to your place and sit down everyone!" she instructed.

She took her chair and sat heavily. She needed to think but first she needed to calm down and not look too obviously shaken as she was now. Her hand automatically went to her pocket looking for her phone. She mentally knocked her head. She always leave her phone in her drawer during classes.

"So, okay, what makes you think that Yohan?" she asked, regaining her composure. She could hear someone in the class saying her reaction just said it all. Damn her and her easy-to-read face, again Youra mentally cursed.

Hana, the girl who sat in front stood up and handed Youra her phone. "It's all over the internet Miss Youra," she said.

Youra took the phone and read the article. Someone managed to take her picture with Jin as he dropped her off to work at the usual spot. The article did mention her workplace and her profession. That was causing the commotion. The article named her Miss H. That was as subtle as a huge elephant in a small room since she was the only female teacher in school whose surname started with a H.

The reporter did a half-hearted job to blur out her eyes but those who knew her would recognize her straight away. She didn't have to look at the picture closely. She remembered that day very well, Jin was being chivalrous despite her protest, opening the door for her and gave her a quick peck on her cheek. She was about to say something to the class when an announcement went through the school's speaker system.

"Attention to Ms Han Youra, please come to the principal's office now. I repeat, attention to Ms Han Youra, please come to the principal's office now."

Youra left the class, made a detour to the staff room to fetch her phone. There were too many missed calls and her phone rang again. She put her phone on silent and went to the principal's office.

Mr Goo and Madam Yoo was waiting for her with bedraggled face.

"Miss Han, I don't really give that much of interest about my staff's personal life but this one definitely puts me in a pickle," said Mr Goo. His office phone rang and he looked as if he wanted to throw the telephone out. His mobile phone was ringing. He put it on silent mode and took the wire off the telephone.

"So, where was I? Yes, your relationship. Is the article true or.." Mr Goo was interrupted again by a knock on his door. He cursed so colourfully that Youra's and Madam Yoo's eyebrows went up.

"What?!" he yelled as Madam Im, his assistant's head peeked in.

"Mr Goo, the gate is flooded with reporters and it is causing a commotion outside."

"Call the police! Tell them they are causing public disturbance!" Mr Goo said.

Mr Goo sat again and took a deep breath before he was interrupted again. "What now?!" he was turning red.

"A Mr Park Hae Il is here to see Miss Han. And he said it is really urgent," said Madam Im.

"And he thinks I am not addressing this urgently enough?" Mr Goo muttered. In different circumstances, Youra would probably enjoy Mr Goo's predicament. However, being the main reason for the uproar, it would be best if she keep her mouth shut.

A smart man in his mid-forty barged into the principal's office and introduced himself as Park Hae Il. "I am an attorney hired by Mr Han Gi Cheol, her father, to pick her up. You don't have to worry about the crowd outside. We have settled the matter with the police and they will face prosecution if they cause more commotion," he said.

Mr Goo was somewhat appeased. "You can leave for today, Miss Han. I'll get someone to take over your afternoon class," he continued.

Youra bowed to him and Madam Yoo. She took her things and followed Mr Park to his car that was waiting in front of the school's main driveway. She called her dad straight away.

"Appa, I'm with Mr Park," she said.

"Good. He'll bring you to my office. Whoever calls you up, ignore them. Unless it's your eomma," he added.

She checked her phone again. She got a lot of missed calls from Jin. She was about to dial his number as his name came up.

"Thank God you answered," he said.

"I'm with my dad's attorney right now. We're heading to his office," said Youra.

"Good. I'll be joining you there in a while," he replied before ending the call abruptly. Youra looked at the phone weirdly. No goodbye, I love you? Youra sighed.

"Mr Park, please walk me through this. I have never been in this kind of situation before and I am completely clueless," said Youra.

Mr Park smiled, "That is what I am here for. We just need to sit down and discuss the next plan of action. You'd probably want your life back to normal but I can tell you, you can maybe get a whole lot of attention on you more than you wanted."

"Oh, tell me about it," Youra said drily. She had played in her head what would happen when the news about her relationship broke out but the real event was overwhelming. Her phone was still ringing and she didn't know how much of freedom she was going to lose when she got her life under the spotlight. Hiding her dad's identity was easier than dating an idol in the first place.

There were many people named Han Gi Cheol around but there is only one Kim Seokjin of BTS.

And he has a legion of fans following him.