Chapter 41

It was already 11.20 a.m.

Jin was running late as he walked from the car. His manager was driving him today due to his packed schedule and he did promise Youra to make an appearance even if it was a short one. His manager looked for a parking space as Jin sprinted up the stairs to the address Youra gave him. The day was sunny and windy.

Her parents' ceremony was held at a wedding villa at the upscale Seoul area which made him curious about Youra's family. She told him all about her life growing up at the countryside of Uiseong but she didn't tell him much about her dad's side. All he knew her dad is from Cheongju Han clan and it is one of the royal clans in Korea. Being in a royal clan doesn't ensure a person's wealth, but looking at the wedding venue, it screamed money.

Lots of it.

He checked on his suit before going to the garden. As he stepped to the venue, he was mesmerized by the breathtaking view that he saw in front of him. Youra was by her mother's side, holding on to the flower bouquet for her mom as she signed on the marriage certificate. She was wearing a simple peach dress that looked elegant and stunning on her. Jin could hardly breathe. She was really beautiful.

He was shook out of his reverie as his manager patted him on his back and motioned for him to sit.

Youra didn't notice him until after her parents' nuptial was done. She smiled brightly, was about to wave to him until she caught herself. Jin smiled as he knew Youra hated to draw attention on to herself. Today was no exception but she had to face it because of her parents.

She walked to him as the guest were lingering before the wedding banquet started.

"You made it," Youra greeted.

"You're beautiful baby," Jin took her hand into his.

"Thank you," Youra answered shortly.

"I'm a few seconds away from taking you into my arms and hug you but I don't think your parents would approve," he whispered to her.

"They won't. But we can always find some secluded spot," Youra whispered back with a wink.

They were interrupted by a discrete cough beside Jin. Youra turned red instantly not realizing Jin's manager was there too.

"Hi, Mr Kim," she greeted.

"Hi Miss Youra. I told you to call me by my first name many time," replied Mr. Kim.

"I would, if you drop Miss in front of my name," she answered.

"Is Sumi here?" asked Mr. Kim.

"Why, since when are you interested in my best friend Mr. Kim?" Youra teased. She suspected something was brewing between the two. "She's near the banquet hall last I saw her. She's still there, I think." Mr. Kim went off in search for Sumi, leaving both of them alone.

"I'm sorry, I can't stay long, baby. I got to go again after this," said Jin apologetically. "I need to see the newlyweds before I go."

"I miss you, you know," Youra pouted but she was glad at the same time. She was afraid Jin would be subjected to a long session of interrogation by her immediate and extended family. She didn't want to scare him away.

"I miss you too, baby. So much," he said earnestly.

Youra brought him to her parents who were talking to a couple of guests near the dais.

Youra tapped on her parents gently for attention and was confused to see Jin rooted to the ground when she glanced at him

"Jin-ah? What are you doing here?" chorused the man and the woman Youra's father was talking to.

Youra and Youra's parents exchanged puzzled looks on Jin and the guests.

"Do you know each other?" asked Youra's mom breaking the silence.

"Of course we do. He's our son," they replied.

************************************

To be continued 😆

I know I said two chapters a day, but the imp in me is thinking of one chapter for today 😉