Chapter 24

Youra's phone buzzed as she was cleaning up the make-up Sumi put on her face. It was too thick that she had to use more cottons that she usually uses in a day. She went home straight after the fan sign and despite the make-up scrub off she did at the public restroom after the event, there were still some of it left. She looked at the phone and it was Jin.

Jin: Hey, thanks for coming to the fan sign today. Sorry I didn't have much time to chat. Hope you're safely at home now.

Youra: Yes, I'm at home. How about you?

Jin: At the studio. There's some work to do. Can I call you?

Youra: Sure

Youra's phone rang not long after.

"Hey, thanks again for coming," said Jin as Youra picked up the call.

"You're welcome," replied Youra.

"So... Sumi told me something about losing a bet," Jin started.

Youra knocked on her forehead as she sat comfortably on her bed. Of course Sumi would say that during the fan sign. "Well, yes I lost playing Go-stop so she have free reign to dress me up as she like and I have to go to the fan sign."

"You were not planning to go?" he asked.

"Not really. Don't take me wrong, it's just that there's a chance of me bumping into my students there and I don't want them to start getting overly excited and pestering me at school," explained Youra.

"That figures. So did you see any during the event?" he asked.

"I saw a few but they were too excited to see you guys on stage to even see me," said Youra. "Anyway, your friends are really nice."

"Some of them are," said Jin jokingly. "Kidding, they're all great. Though I do feel like strangling them sometimes."

"You're living in the same house right?"

"Yes. It's been years. We laughed, we fought sometimes but I wouldn't trade it for the world," he said.

"You're lucky. It's like you have six brothers,"

"You can say that. How about you?"

"I don't have six brothers," Youra answered candidly.

"No, I meant so you have anyone close?"

"You've met Sumi. She's the sister I never had. I have never lived with her like you did with your group members. That's about it. I didn't grow up with my brother. He was living with my father after the divorce. I got other friends, but they're not as close to me as Sumi. So, what did you do after the fan sign?"

"We went back to the studio to do some work. I'm still here," said Jin.

"You work really hard. It's 8 now," said Youra as she looked at the clock.

"I have too. I'm not as talented as the rest of the members."

"Don't sell yourself short. My students have been showing me clips of you singing and dancing. You are definitely talented."

Jin sighed. "I still mess up. I can't reach high notes in some performances. I even mess up in dances. I need to practice more."

"I can't tell you that I understand your situation as I am not in your shoes. What I do know is your job is a tough one and you are perfect as who you are. Your legion of fans can tell you that."

Jin laughed, "Legion of fans?"

"Oh, come on. You know you're very very popular, Mr. Worldwide Handsome," laughed Youra.

"Sometimes I don't feel Worldwide Handsome," he admitted.

"That means you're human. You're not a robot. You have feelings," said Youra.

"I have feelings for you," Jin said out of the blue.

Youra was stunned. She wanted to say something back but nothing came out.

"Youra, are you there?" asked Jin.

"You're not serious, aren't you?" Youra said.

"I'm serious. Look, I know we've known each other not that long but I just want you to know that I like you," he said.

Youra exhaled slowly. The confession suddenly became a suffocation for her.

"You don't have to say anything back, I just want you to know that, okay?" Jin added trying to reassure her. "So what's your plan for the Spring break?" asked Jin trying to break off the tension.

Youra gathered herself before answering. "I'll be going back home in Uiseong tomorrow until break ends," she said.

"That's cool. You're going by bus or train?"

"By bus," answered Youra shortly. Her chattiness was gone all the sudden after the confession.

"Morning bus?"

"Yes, morning."

"You'd better take a rest. I have to get back to work. Safe journey tomorrow," said Jin.

"You take care too," said Youra before breaking off the call.

She was in daze.

Normal people would go over the top when someone like Jin confess to them. Youra guessed she was just not normal.

She went lying on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

She started to think.

She couldn't think.