Chapter 15

Youra waved at her best friend, Sumi as she spotted her. Sumi just got promoted at her workplace and she was giving Youra a treat at a gourmet restaurant in the city.

"We haven't done this for a very long time," complained Youra as she ate her dessert.

"I know right?" agreed Sumi. "We should have a sleepover when we could," she suggested.

"We could if either one of us were not stuck working until late at night," Youra sighed. Sumi worked as a junior chef in a well-known hotel. Her job sometimes required her to work until late at night especially if there was a big events or weddings. As for Youra, she was only free night time if she didn't have any private tutoring. At 25, career building was one of their priority so it kind of take a toll on their already non-existing date life.

"So we're on for tonight sleepover or not?" asked Sumi.

"Of course we are," said Youra.

"Hey, you didn't tell me what happened to Ji-hoon," said Sumi.

"Girl, I waited for so long to tell you this face to face. He's a first class jerk," started Youra as she went on with her tirade. Even if it was already a month since it happened, she could feel her hackles rose up. She kept on forgetting to tell Sumi the details since she was too busy with the school exam. Sumi listened to her attentively and was equally furious when Youra told her what happened in the car.

"That son of a b*itch," Sumi spat. "How did you get out?" she asked.

"I was literally holding the future of his generation in my hand," said Youra.

"You did what?"

"Use your imagination," said Youra.

Sumi paused for a while until she understood what Youra meant. She was laughing loudly and patted Youra on her back despite the looks the people around them gave her.

"Your go, girl!" laughed Sumi as she signaled the waiter for more champagne. "This calls for a toast," said Sumi. "For my gutsy friend," they clinked their glasses. Sumi and Youra drank to that.

"So, your workplace is kind of famous among celebrities, right," asked Youra all the sudden.

"You could say that. I would say it is flooded by them and the security is quite tight. Why do you ask? You never seem to be interested when I told you about the celebrities who came," said Sumi.

"Nah, just asking. So you're used to them by now, right?" tested Youra.

"Used to them like what?" she asked.

"Not being star struck if you happen to meet one," Youra continued.

"I would have to say, not anymore. I was when I started but when I saw how they were at the dining room, my perspective changed. They're human too, but with fame and bigger paychecks," supplied Sumi. "But on the other hand, throw me Jamie Oliver or Paik Jong Won, those are the celebrity whom I would be forever star struck at."

Sumi was looking for the waiter for the bill until she stopped at a direction. Youra looked at Sumi who was suddenly quiet and turned to the direction of Sumi's view.

Youra saw red.

Back in the corner of the restaurant at a secluded area of the space was her brother. He was with someone who was not her sister-in-law, acting really cosy and sweet. Youra stood up automatically. Her sister-in-law was currently pregnant with her first baby, feet all swollen and staying home as a housewife and here was her brother acting like a single guy.

The funny thing was, they were madly in love before they got married. Her sister-in-law happened to be her father's and brother's business acquaintance's daughter. What made it worse was they seemed to be oblivious to the crowd to be acting sickeningly like a romantic couple.

Without thinking much, she marched to the couple with her phone in hand.

"Hello, Yoosuk oppa," Youra said with malice. "I didn't know you were here with your girlfriend," said Youra, emphasizing on the girlfriend part.

Her brother paled.

"Honey, who is this?" asked the woman with the bright red nail paint and lip colour.

"Oh, honey? Is that who she is?" asked Youra again to her brother. "Did he tell you that he has a pregnant wife at home?" she continued again to the woman.

"Yes, I do. I'm his personal assistant," she said proudly.

"I wonder what your IQ score is," Youra sighed to the woman. To proudly brag that they were in an employer-employee affair took some guts. Especially if you have your brain cells intact. And the employer was a married man.

"An apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?" Youra said to her brother, referring to their father's history with their mother.

"It's none of your business," scoffed Yoosuk.

"Oh really?" asked Youra.

"Dad, did you hear that?" asked Youra as she put up her mobile phone. It was on loudspeaker. Their father was on the line.

"Yoosuk, come home and see me NOW," said the voice at the phone.

"It is none of my business, dad, but it is sure as hell your business. Both of you," said Youra. "Have a good day, cheater," she continued, disconnecting the call and walked outside the restaurant.