Chapter 14

It was 11 o'clock at night. Youra was taking out her contact lenses as the phone buzzed.

Jin: Hi, what are you doing?

Youra: Just got home. Getting ready for bed. You?

Jin: Same here. Can I call you now? My eyes are straining from looking at the screen.

Youra: Sure. My eyes too.

The phone rang not long after and Youra put on her earphone. It was easier getting ready and talking at the same time without having to hold on her phone to her ear.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi. Had a long day?" Youra asked.

"Nah, this is normal. How about you?" Jin asked.

"Yes, this is normal too," said Youra.

"So what is normal day for you?"

"School in the morning, after school classes until evening and private tutoring every other day until 10.30," she said.

"Wow, you work really hard," said Jin.

"It's the same like when I was in school. Nothing much changed actually," she said.

"Well, you are right. Anyway, how old are you?" asked Jin.

"25," she replied shortly.

"Oh we're the same. Which month?" Jin asked again.

"June, 6th. How about you?"

"December, 4th," he replied.

"Oh wow, you can call me noona," she said jokingly. "Any siblings?"

"An older brother. You?"

"An older brother too. So how about you? What is normal day for you?"

"It varies – practice, recording, shootings. If there's fan signing or concert, the day might start a bit later and it will go to really late night," he explained.

"You work really hard too. I have a girl in my classroom who keep on telling me how hard your group worked," said Youra.

"You're not a fan?"

"I listen to your songs, I like it, but that is just about it. Most if the information on pop culture and idols I have today are courtesy of my students," said Youra. "They even added me in their group chat. Not that I respond much in there."

"What are you teaching?"

"English," said Youra. "I just love the language. And I love the kids, even if they do drive me crazy most of the time."

"You really like teaching," stated JIn.

"Just as much as you like singing and doing performances," said Youra. "But I do admit, sometimes their attitude is rubbing off on me that I acted like them once in a while. I need to spend more time with people around my age."

"You don't have many?" asked Jin.

"I do, but I don't get to spend much time with them. Work gets in between," said Youra.

"I know what you mean," he said. "So, what time do you usually get up?"

"I set my clock at 5 a.m. but most of the time I let it to snooze until 5.30," she said.

"I have a question."

"Go ahead."

"Why did a man sit on clock?" asked Jin.

"Hahaha, I know that one! It is because he wanted to be ON time," answered Youra.

"Awww, I'd better come up with a new one, then." Jin complained. "You'd better go to sleep then," said Jin. "Good night."

"Good night to you too," said Youra.