Chapter 78: The Shattered Diamond part 5-Lana vs The Assassin

Lana was jumping high from building to building to chase down the assailant who's been gunning for her. Well, Lana wasn't going to let this stand as she was going to show the assassin great pain once she gets her hands on her.

Lana: Get back here!

The assailant pulls out a black high tech gun and tries to shoot lana with a dark purple beam but lana dodges and it hits Lincoln and the others, forming a large dark purple barrier around them.

Lana: Guys!

Lincoln: Don't worry about us, we'll catch up!

Lynn: Get the assassin, she's getting away!

Lana: Ok!

Lana then turns to run after the masked assassin as the overdrive unit and havok unit try to get out of the barrier. Jumping from rooftops to rooftops, Lana was tailing the assailant left and right.

Lana: C'mon, stop running away and fight!

The masked assassin pulls out a high tech gun and shot forward, forming a dark purple portal, going to make her escape. Lana growled as she leaps and tackles the masked assassin through the portal, unware that another figure went through the portal as it closed behind them.

******

The dark purple portal soon opens up as Lana came through it with the masked figure as they were in some kind of abandoned chemical plant. The two landed on the ground as the assassin kicked Lana off of her.

Lana: Agh!

The masked assassin stood up as did Lana while the two stared at each other.

The Assassin had on a cybernetic black and silver mask with dark pink multiple diamond eyes, a silver choker, she was wearing a black bodysuit, a black and dark purple trench coat, a silver utility belt with a dark purple diamond, armored gloves and boots.

Assassin: (distorted female voice) Allow me to introduce myself... I am the shattered diamond and your executioner...

 I am the shattered diamond and your executioner

Lana: Ok... now that we're alone, let's go! You want me dead, come on then! But I won't go down so easily!

Lana charged at the shattered diamond assassin as the two engaged in a series of grappling and strikes. Lana goes for another punch but the shattered diamond caught it and threw her across the factory into one of the machines.

Lana: Gah!

Shattered Diamond throws a couple of plasma shurikens at Lana as the tomboy agent quickly ran off as the shurikens were closing in on her. She then dodged each plasma shuriken which exploded on contacts with certain objects as lana dodges them all.

She then noticed that the shattered diamond appeared out of nowhere and hits a high kick on lana, sending her to the ground on her back. The Assassin pulls out her plasma blade and was about to pierce lana's chest but lana quickly absorbed a nearby metal pipe, body coated in metal as she caught the blade.