Becoming one

-[Chapter 22]-

My ears were ringing. When I returned, I got an earful from everyone. First Kuruyami, Gin and then a face full of spit! From Renji's screaming. Literally, he sprayed more in my face, than speaking.

Nevertheless Renji was beyond angry, he sat beside me while I got my arm fixed. Everytime I winced, he would go off, like a firecracker and say how foolish I was. It was a long lecture, but finally my arm was popped in, and my wrist bandaged.

"You're all done." The sweet medical ninja said, she had a kind smile. "Thank you." She beamed at me, and gave me a blue pill.

"This is for any, pain you are feeling." "She should be feeling pain." Renji grumbled, while glaring at me. Nina the Medical helper, rolled her eyes at him.

"Thanks." I said, swallowing it down with a glass of water.

Renji tapped his fingers, against the counter he was leaning on.

Nina gave him a stern look, and he stopped...momentarily...

"I think you'll need this, its a painkiller for headaches." She handed me, a white pill.

"Because after his scolding, I two, have a headache." With that she walked out, of the room.

"Emiko." I groaned not again! Throwing my head into the pillow. It smelt like lemon. Wow this is a strong detergent.

"Emiko."

"AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

"I'm talking to you."

"Sadly."

"What did you say?!"

"Gladly."

"Don't lie."

I was smiling against the pillow, at his attempts, to get my attention.

"Emiko." He said softly, touching my neck. Peaking from beneath the pillow, I sat upright leaning, against the headboard of the hospital bed. He seemed torn, or heavily constipated.

"I was really-"I know, I know, angry, disappointed, enraged, astonished, I heard it for two hours straight." I snapped, he stared at me, then pushed his hair aside.

"I was going to say scared."

This was new, I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" I asked, he came close to me and did something I would never have expected. He pinched my forehead. I yelped as it stung like a bee. "Ouch!" I yelled, rubbing my now red, forehead.

"I was worried about, my stupidly, stubborn Princess." He stated, smirking slightly at me.

-

-

"You say that, yet you beat me."

He laughed, and went towards the door. "Come on, they're all gathering downstairs." Gathering? For what? So I followed him, it was extremely weird everyone was in a military positions, all in perfect rows.

Renji grabbed me, and pulled us quickly into the last line. Gin was in front, beside Hinata. They'd be a cute couple! Renji gave me a weird look, while I sighed dreaming of their possible love affair.

"There are too many, of you guys left over." That crazy woman said, Uncle? Anko something like that.

"This is the preliminary round, we have to cut the amount of Genin present." Why? Why can't we all just go through, we actually deserve it.

"The Hokage's don't have time, to watch all of your matches." Oh wow, thanks. So we have another TEST! AGAIN!

" I really don't wana do this." I groaned. "Suck it up Princess." Renji said, staring at the screen before us.