10

A few days had passed since Natsu, Gray, Happy, and Lucy recieved their punishments and they are now out on a job with Erza. Nathaniel on the other hand, decided to stay at the guild and help on the paper works.

Flashback

Nathaniel : "Barely a day even passed since their punishment and they already want to go on a job."

Makarov: "Honestly, it's like they didn't learn anything at all. So why didn't you go?"

Nathaniel: "I've got plenty of money to pay for rent at my home, and you need to take a quick break from the paper works that is been made by our guild."

Makarov: I just wish it is just one letter it took to be over with it.

Flashback End

It was already nighttime, and Nathaniel was taking a stroll around Magnolia. He decided to go walk past the guild hall, but the sight he saw was, devastating. He saw a shadowy figure, trashing the guild hall with what appeared to be metal rods. Nathan instantly took action.

Nathaniel: "Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

The figure heard Nathaniel's voice and started to run, his goal already accomplished, Nathaniel started the  chase, only to be met with an earth cage. Nathan made short work of the cage only to realize that the figure destroying the guild hall was already gone.

Nathaniel: "Damn! He got away. I have to tell Master!"

Nathaniel quickly ran to Makarov's house and began to knock on the door.

Nathaniel: "MASTER! MASTER!"

Makarov then opened the door, wearing his sleeping clothes.

Makarov: "What in the heavens do you want you blithering- oh, it's you Nathaniel. What is it boyo?"

Nathaniel: "No time to explain! Just come and look!"

Nathaniel quickly grabbed Makarov by his hand and rushed to the guild hall, showing the destruction that was caused.

Makarov: "What... happened?" 

Nathaniel: "Someone was trashing it while I was walking around. He tried to get away and I chased after him but failed. My best guess is that it was Phantom Lord."

Makarov: "I see, their Guild Master and I aren't exactly on the best of terms right now. Let it go sonny. There is no point in worrying about a guild that relies on surprise attacks."

Nathaniel: "But-"

Makarov: "Leave. It. Go home for now, and rest. Tomorrow I will have everyone use the basement of the Hall as the base of operations."

(Y/N): "I... understand if that is your take course of action I will respect that."

With that, the two went their separate ways to their homes to rest for the night.

Timeskip

Nathaniel was silently walking down the stairs to the basement of the Guild Hall, and found a place to sit down. The air was quiet, until more footsteps were heard on the stairs. It was the rest of Team Natsu. They slowly walked their way up to where Makarov was.

Makarov: "YO! What's up kids?"

Lucy: "Uh, Hi?"

Erza: "I'm sorry we weren't here sooner."