4. GAZING INTO EACH OTHER'S EYES

| CHAPTER FOUR |

GAZING INTO EACH OTHER'S EYES.

HAZEL WAS THE LAST ONE up in the girl's dormitory, mainly due to the fact that the twins kept her down in the common room until the middle of the night; showing her their ideas for their 'secret' project - which pretty much consists of skiving sweets - and asking her for any ideas and/or potions.

The brunette let out a loud yawn and rubbed her tired eyes, before finally escaping the clutch of her warm duvet. Sluggishly, she made her way to the bathroom for a quick shower; one that made her feel much more refreshed when she got out of it. 

After brushing her teeth, Hazel shoved her school uniform on, messily tying the burgundy and gold tie around her neck before shoving some scruffy, black converse onto her feet and exiting the dormitory. When she didn't spot anyone in the common room, the brunette decided to just go ahead down to breakfast - seeing as she didn't know if the twins or Lee were already up or not - and she was absolutely starving.

When Hazel reached the Great Hall she noticed how tired everyone seemed to look, well, everyone apart from the first years who all looked over the moon with starting their very first wizarding classes.

It didn't take long for the brunette to spot Fred, George and Lee sat in their usual spots at the Gryffindor table; smack down in the middle. As she made her way over to the three boys, she said a quick greeting to Harry, Ron and Hermione before she finally caught the attention of George.

Sending the ginger haired boy a smile, Hazel didn't look where she was going and almost tripped over her loose shoelace, causing the boys to howl with laughter.

"Stop, it wasn't funny," Hazel said as she sat down next to George, her cheeks burning.

"I-I-It so was!" Fred exclaimed, clutching his stomach as he laughed, tilting his body in Lee's direction but he leaned too far and went flying off the bench catching the attention of some other students in the Great Hall.

"Now, that, was hilarious!" Hazel snorted, looking at Fred with an amused grin as he grudgingly got up before sitting back down in his spot, glaring at his twin, Hazel and Lee.

When the laughter finally died down, Lee and Fred went off into their own little worlds, chatting away about Quidditch and their next game. Whilst George turned his attention to the brunette sitting besides him. He slid over a piece of parchment as she tilted her head in confusion, "It's your timetable," George explained, "McGonagall gave it to me to give to you."

Hazel smiled brightly, "Thanks, Georgie," She sent him a teasing look as he chuckled.

"You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" He asked, looking concerned, "Earlier, when you almost tripped."

Hazel looked into his chocolate coloured eyes, feeling as if she was getting lost in them, "N-No" She stuttered causing her cheeks to redden, "N-No, I-I didn't hurt myself, Georgie," The brunette smiled which in turn caused George to smile.

"Good," He said nodding his head, "Good."

It became silent between the two, however, their eyes were still locked on one another's. Hazel couldn't figure out what, but something had changed between the two. She seemed to get nervous whenever he was around and blush way too frequently. Something that didn't happen when she was in the presence of any of her other friends. Something that never used to happen when she was around George, so why was it happening now? It's not like she had to be nervous around the ginger haired boy, they had known each other practically all their lives.

Before the brunette could get deeper into her own thoughts, a loud cough snapped her out of the daydream. Hazel turned her head towards Fred, confused as to why both he and Lee had the biggest smirks on their faces, "What?" She questioned, glancing between the two.

"Nothing, nothing," Lee mumbled, an amused tone lacing his voice.

"Yeah, nothing," Fred snickered, "Now, if you two are done gazing deeply into each other's eyes, shall we go?" 

Fred and Lee both burst out into laughter when Hazel and George turned as red as beetroots. The two friends quickly stood up and ran off, still laughing to themselves and mimicking Hazel and George's previous actions before they finally exited the Great Hall.

Hazel felt as if her whole face and neck was on fire. She took a quick glance at George and spotted that his own face was as red as his hair, "I-I guess we better go then," She finally spoke up. 

Without a word, George nodded and the two stood up in an synchronised manner. They walked besides one another towards their first lesson; Herbology, the tension between them rising even more.