44. NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOURS

| CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR |

NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOURS.

HARRY SEEMED TO BE PLEASED with everything he found out about the Order before his trial went forwards. It seemed like his luck was up as he passed his trial and didn't get expelled from Hogwarts. That seemed to bring his mood up by a ton, and the following week, he seemed like a completely different person than when he first arrived at the headquarters. 

A loud crack echoed throughout Harry and Ron's room at Grimmauld Place. Fred, George and Hazel suddenly apparated besides the spectacled boy; who seemed so used to it by now he didn't even fall off the bed. Ron, on the other hand, jumped almost three feet backwards before huffing in annoyance when his eyes spotted his older brothers and the brunette beauty. 

"We were just wondering who set the Slinkhard book," Fred suddenly stated.

"Because it means Dumbledore's found a new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor," George added, throwing his arm around his girlfriend.

"And about time too," Fred commented.

"What do you mean?" Harry questioned, looking slightly confused and Hazel glanced up at her boyfriend with the same confused expression.

"Well, we overheard mum and dad talking on the Extendable Ear a few weeks back," Fred explained, "From what they were saying Dumbledore was having real trouble finding anyone to do the job this year."

"Not surprising really, is it?" Hazel suddenly commented.

"One sacked, one dead, one's memory removed and one locked in a trunk for over nine months," Harry listed, "Yeah, I see what you mean."

"What's up with you Ron?" George suddenly questioned. Hazel glanced to the side and spotted the youngest Weasley boy standing stiffly in the corner of the room, his mouth and eyes wide open as he stared down at his Hogwarts letter, he didn't even bother to answer his brother's question.

"What's the matter?" Fred asked impatiently. He jumped up from the bed and walked over to his youngest brother. Everyone else in the room watched as he glanced over Ron's shoulder his mouth dropping suddenly.

"Prefect?" Fred asked, staring wide-eyed at the letter, "Prefect ?" 

Hazel chocked on her spit as George suddenly launched forwards, he grabbed the envelope from Ron's hand before turning it upside down. Hazel's eyes widened when she spotted a scarlet red and gold badge falling onto her boyfriend's palm.

"No way," George muttered in a hushed voice as he stared at the badge. 

"There's been a mistake!" Fred exclaimed, "No one in their right mind would make Ron a prefect.