26. FOUR CHAMPIONS

| CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX |

FOUR CHAMPIONS.

THE GREAT HALL WAS CERTAINLY crowded. The Goblet was now proudly standing right at the top of the hall; just in front of Dumbledore's seat at the Professor's table.

Candles were lit and floating around the Great Hall, as student chatted away excitingly amongst each other. Hazel was sat besides George and even though he was still sulking about not being able to put his own name into the Goblet, he still put on a happy face. 

"Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for," Dumbledore announced as he stood up off his chair. The hall quietened down and stared at the Headmaster in excitement, "The champion selection."

Hazel watched as the blue flame suddenly turned a bright red colour before it spat out one piece of parchment. She couldn't deny that she was nervous, who wouldn't be? Smart witches and wizards have died in the past in this tournament, however, with Dumbledore close by, Hazel didn't feel too nervous about that bit, instead, she felt nervous about having to do her school proud.

Dumbledore gracefully caught the parchment, unfolded it before looking up, "The Durmstang Champion is...Viktor Krum!"

"No surprises there!" Ron yelled as a storm of applause and cheering swept the Great Hall. 

Hazel glanced over at the Slytherin table; where she spotted Krum standing up and shaking a few people's hands before he proudly marched up to Dumbledore. The Headmaster whispered something into Krum's ear as they shook hands. Krum then walked past the staff table and disappeared through the small door in the corner of the Great Hall.

The cheering died down as everyone's attention went back to the Goblet, which once again turned red before spitting out the second piece of parchment. It turned an icy blue colour once Dumbledore caught it.

Hazel could practically feel her heartbeat in her throat as she awaited the results. It was strange, when she put her name into the Goblet she never expected to feel this anxious waiting for the results. George could feel the worry radiating right off the brunette, so, without a word, he took hold of her hand, squeezing it lightly as both of their cheeks suddenly turned a ruby red colour.

"The champion for Beauxbaton is..." Dumbledore said before glancing back down at the parchment, "Fleur Delacour!"

Loud clapping began once again as the silvery-blonde haired girl stood up from the Ravenclaw table and walked up towards Dumbledore; just like Viktor did earlier she disappeared through the small door in the corner of the Hall near the long professor table.

"Looks like they're all disappointed," George laughed as he nodded towards the other girls from Beauxbatons.Hazel glanced over at the Ravenclaw table, three Beauxbaton girls were crying their eyes out with their heads in their hands.

"Bit dramatic, don't you think," The brunette mumbled as George nodded. Sure, she felt quite anxious about finding out if she'll participate or not, but if she doesn't get chosen she knew she wouldn't cry about it. 

The Goblet of fire turned a ruby red colour for the third time that evening. Dumbledore caught the parchment that got spat out skilfully before he read the name, "The Hogwarts champion is....Hazel Lupin."

Hazel couldn't believe it. She never in a million years thought she would actually get chosen. Her chocolate coloured eyes were open wide as she stared blankly at the Headmaster. She felt stuck to her seat until George excitingly engulfed her in his arms, bringing her attention back into the moment. Dumbledore called out her name once again causing George to let her go.

Hazel finally stood up and eyes quickly turned in her direction. The Gryffindor table was cheering incredibly loudly as she walked towards Dumbledore. The older man smiled brightly at her before he shook her hand, congratulating her before instructing her to join the rest of the champions. So, she did exactly that. In a daze she walked through the door at the corner of the hall, the door lead to a large staircase and by the time she reached the bottom, Krum and Fleur turned to congratulate her. 

She couldn't deny how happy she felt, sure she was extremely nervous, but it was a strange feeling of happiness and proudness to be able to represent her school in such a notorious wizarding tournament. The smile stayed on her face until she spotted a familiar black haired boy walking down the stairs; a sickly pale colour to his face as he held onto a burnt piece of parchment.

"What's wrong, Harry?" Hazel questioned, looking at the boy with a sense of worry.

"M-M-My name got picked," He stuttered, he was clearly distressed as he handed the burnt piece of parchment over to the older girl.

Hazel's eyes widened, surely it wasn't possible for him to get his name into the fire, especially when the twins couldn't do it with an Ageing Potion. However, the name scribbled on the parchment said something completely different.

AN- Happy New Year guys!! Hope 2020 is amazing for you all! Anyone making any New Years resolutions?