41. HOSPITAL WING

| CHAPTER FORTY-ONE |

HOSPITAL WING.

THE FIRST THING HAZEL NOTICED was weights wrapped around her hands. She couldn't make out what they were but she didn't really care. The thing she did care about was the fact that the pain from her body was almost non-existent. She wasn't twitching anymore and began to panic, was she dead? 

As soon as her breathing became uneven her eyes shot open. She spotted what the weights on her hands were; her father and grandfather's hands wrapped around her own. Hazel then noticed George sitting close to her legs, his eyes bloodshot and his ginger hair messy.

"Shh, shh, it's okay," Remus cooed, he gently pushed his daughter back down when she tried sitting up. Hazel noticed how tired he looked and she frowned, the memories of what happened flashing through her mind like a mini horror film. 

"How are you feeling, honey?" Lyall asked, rubbing his thumb over his granddaughter's knuckles.

"I-I'm okay," Hazel said, her vice raspy, "I-I feel better than I did," She admitted, looking tiredly between the three men.

George didn't say anything. Truthfully, he didn't know exactly what to say. So, he sent her a small smile and placed his hand on her knee. Part of him felt awkward, sitting there with her father and grandfather, but he wanted to be there for her. The awkwardness overlaid his worry.

"You're going to to go home with us," Remus spoke up, Hazel let her eyes fall back to her father, "After Madam Pomfrey discharges you, that is."

Hazel nodded, not wanting to argue about it, "D-Did Harry win?" She asked, her eyes glancing between her dad and George with a tired look on her face.

"No," George spoke up, surprising everyone there, "You did, Hazel. You won."

Hazel scrunched her face in confusion, "W-Wh-What?"

"He's right," Lyall nodded, "We'll celebrate when you get home," The man smiled, the ageing on his face showing as he did so, "You just focus on getting better, yeah?"

"Yeah," Hazel muttered, nodding her head at her grandfather, "Can I speak to George for a second?"

Remus and Lyall shared a look before both of them glanced over at the ginger haired boy; who sheepishly smiled at them.

"Of course," Remus finally said, standing up. He placed a soft kiss on his daughter's forehead before he finally moved away from the bed. Lyall was quick to follow his actions, patting Hazel's shoulder after he kissed her forehead before both Lupin men walked away to talk to Madam Pomfrey.

"You scared me," George breathed out, moving from his seat to the seat Lyall previously occupied, "Please don't do that ever again."

Hazel reached her hand out and George was quick to clasp it, "I'm sorry. I don't plan on doing that ever again, trust me," She chuckled dryly.

George tried to smile as he pressed his lips to Hazel's knuckles. Doing everything he could to just feel her there because what happened showed him how quick someone you love could be taken away from you. 

"I want you to have it."

"What?" George questioned, looking confused at the brunette as her eyelids kept closing and re-opening.

"Well, you and Fred," Hazel added.

George still looked puzzled.

"The winnings," The brunette finally clarified.

"W-What, no," George shook his head, "We can't take that, Hazel--"

"Yes, yes you can," She cut her boyfriend off, squeezing his hand, "For your joke shop."

"You're tired," George dismissed, "Go to sleep, love."

"I may be tired but I know what I'm saying," Hazel mused, turning her head to look George straight in the eye, "I want you two to have it."

George opened his mouth to protest but the brunette shook her head, "No, no. I'm not going to take no for an answer," Hazel said, "It's my money and I can do whatever I want with it. I want you and Fred to have it for your joke shop, or whatever you might need."

"Will you go to sleep if I say yes?" George asked, smiling through the tears that swarmed his eyes as he looked at the brunette.

Hazel grinned at him, her pearly white teeth on show. She nodded, "Yes."

George rolled his eyes playfully, chuckling quietly, "Fine," He sighed dramatically, "We'll take it."